Threads of 2022

I took a look at the “top” threads for 2022, and pulled out a few. I was inspired by the “most active thread over different periods of time” thread. What were some of your favorites this year?

Some 2022 Classics (my personal selection with no empirical basis). If it’s one of my threads, I only posted it because I loved the responses.

I can’t believe that the “Interactive Literature” thread was this year. Seems like ages ago.

A Few Sophia Threads:
What’s one positive/neutral thing that’s happened today? - General / Off-Topic Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)
Why do you write Interactive Fiction? - General / Off-Topic Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)
Drinks and Creative Work? - General / Off-Topic Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)
What are you listening to? - General / Off-Topic Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Competition Results:
ParserComp 2022 - Results! - Competitions - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)
ECTOCOMP 2022 Results are in! - Competitions - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)
Spring Thing '22 Results - Competitions / Spring Thing - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

The Inform 7 Review:
Review: Inform 7 - Playing / IF Reviews and Essays - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

MIke’s epic Cragne Manor thread:
Let’s Play: Cragne Manor - Playing - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Brian’s “Player’s Bill of Rights” thread:
Old school adventures, new school IF, and player’s bill of rights - Playing / IF Reviews and Essays - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Your First IF Experience:
Your first IF experience: a wholesome, welcoming thread - General - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Webcomic: What a Great Text-Based Game Does:
What A Great Text-Based Game’s Opening Does (educational gamedev comic) - Authoring / General Design Discussions - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Silly Commmands:
Silly commands you try in parser games - Playing / Beta Testing Requests and Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Thread About Writing Your First Game:
Thread about writing your first game - Authoring - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Your Mental Idea Space:
What does your mental idea space look like? - General / Off-Topic Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

IF in 50 states
IF works set in all fifty states: scavenger hunt? - General - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Ask Ryan
Ask Ryan - Authoring - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Your White Whale:
What’s your IF White Whale? - Authoring / General Design Discussions - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Common Beginner’s Mistakes with Inform:
Most common ‘mistakes’ and ‘crutches’ for those starting out with inform 7? - Authoring / Inform 7 - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Modifying Infocom Games:
How far should we hack the original Infocom games? - General - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Big Games:
How large is too large? - Authoring / General Design Discussions - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

The Future of IF:
RECOMMENDATION REQUEST: The Future of Interactive Fiction - Playing - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Just Because:
A pleasant, low stakes thread: What is the last game you played just because? - General / Off-Topic Discussion - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

The Fourth Wall:
IF that Breaks the Fourth Wall? - General - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

Digital Literature:
Gathering data for master’s thesis on interactive literature - General - The Interactive Fiction Community Forum (intfiction.org)

11 Likes

Absolutely delighted to be included in this curation. It’s really fun looking back at some of the threads from (well, I suppose now!) last year.

11 Likes

I just realized all my favorite threads are Sophia threads. I’m glad you’re on the forum! :smiley:

7 Likes