Spring Thing '22 Results

Congratulations go to Agnieszka Trzaska for The Bones of Rosalinda, and Amanda Walker for Fairest, the two recipients of this year’s Best In Show ribbon (given to the pair of games that receive the most nominations).

https://www.springthing.net/2022/play.html

Congratulations also to the rest of the entrants, some of whom have accepted custom Audience Awards that are also now hanging by their games.

All the festival games remain available for play on the Spring Thing site. Thanks to all the authors who entered games, all the prize donors who provided incentive, all the players and reviewers who enjoyed the festival.

–Aaron

32 Likes

Congrats to Agnieszka and Amanda, and all the authors too – what a great crop of games this year! And thanks as always Aaron for organizing things.

EDIT: Also I’m torn between delight and horror at some of these audience awards. “Oiliest Meat” for The Box? “Best Body Autoexploration” for Digit?

13 Likes

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved.

10 Likes

Two of my favourites. Congratulations Agnieszka and Amanda.

10 Likes

Congrats to the winners and to all the ribbon recipients! This year’s games were truly amazing.

9 Likes

Yay, congratulations to the winners! I totally called it with Fairest. :wink: Off to have fun reading through everyone’s ribbons!

7 Likes

Congrats to the winners, well deserved! Thanks everyone who took the time to play Filthy Aunt Mildred, she sends her regards, wherever she is…

12 Likes

There clearly was a flurry of creativity in coming up with Ribbons!

Case in point: “Most Ironically Atmospheric” for A D R I F T.

or: “Honorary Veterinarian Award” for Ma Tiger’s Terrible Trip.

Congratulations Agnieszka and Amanda!

Thank you to all the authors!

10 Likes

Congratulations @AmandaB and @agat for two really outstanding games in a very strong field of entries! Not a duff one, amongst the ones I managed to get around to playing.

Thanks also @aaronius for organising - it’s been a great thing to be a part of. I hope to be back in it next year.

11 Likes

I don’t think I was five minutes into The Bones of Rosalinda before I was like “yup, this is it, we got Best In Show right here”. Polished until it sparkles, brilliant and yet maddening puzzle concepts, and characters and dialogue so vivid I couldn’t remember if I’d played a game with them or watched a cartoon! A victory not so much well deserved as inevitable!

I only took a few test bites of Fairest but I could tell it was going to be something special too. Looking forward to sitting down and getting into it now!

9 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who submitted, tested, reviewed, or hosted for the comp! You did a Thing! May you find many more ways to spend a turn before the Q’udzlth comes to digest you!

11 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone, specifically to the 2 winners.

8 Likes

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for the ribbon nominations!

9 Likes

Congratulations to Amanda and Agnieszka, and thank you to everyone who participated in some way. It was a wonderful festival, and I appreciated the opportunity to experience so much creativity and contemplation. Thanks so much for your hard work, Aaron!

8 Likes

A top notch competition as always.

Congratulations to Amanda and Agnieszka.

4 Likes

Congrats!! Another great year of games!

5 Likes

Heartiest congratulations to Amanda and Agnieszka! What a competition, the standard was incredibly high and I’ve enjoyed all the games I’ve played so far. I’m just sorry I didn’t get to participate more, but I will continue to explore this year’s games post-comp.

Congratulations also to all the reviewers. Some of you managed every one! I don’t think any competition or festival to date has been so well supported. You are the backbone of this community.

Well done everybody!

12 Likes

I’ve got to say I really enjoy the format of potentially unlimited ribbons that can be awarded beyond Best in Show and displayed on each title. These actually serve as better enticements to play many games as opposed to sticking to the top of a designated hierarchical placement list.

13 Likes

(Note: a number of additional games have now selected Audience Awards, which have been added to the listing page.)

12 Likes

Congratulations to Agnieszka and Amanda - well done! Thank you to Aaron for making all of this happen and to all that participated and reviewed!

4 Likes