IF-relevant podcasts

I was on the Ludology podcast, being interviewed about IF:

I’m sure I didn’t say anything that will be news to the regulars of this fine forum, but I figured I should link to it.

To make this a thread, I’ll mention Titans of Text, which had an interview with Jason McIntosh and Jacq Ashwell: Titans of Text Episode 22: Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation - Jason McIntosh and Jacqueline Ashwell

And before that, Steve Meretzky: Titans of Text Episode 21: Steve Meretzky

7 Likes

I happened upon these interviews on a podcast by two German former game journalists (not paywalled; the interviews are in English, after a short introduction in German):

An interview with Michael Gentry from 2019: https://www.patreon.com/posts/stay-forever-mit-32317592

Two interviews with Bob Bates from 2017 and 2020:

And for people who understand German, here’s an interview with Guido Henkel in German from 2019: Stay Forever Podcast
(this was actually what led me to find the podcast, as I was looking for information on his game “Drachen von Laas”, prompted by rovarsson’s question in another thread)

6 Likes

Clash Of The Type-Ins
Gold Microphone
Eaten By A Grue
Interactive Fiction Club Podcast

2 Likes

I wonder if we should collect these on an IFwiki page or something? There are several other podcast threads, mostly with the same things but each with a few unique episodes of this or that. Plus announcement threads from people starting some of these podcasts…

2 Likes

I hate how long it’s been since Callie and I have recorded an episode, but ife has just gotten and stayed in the way this past year or so. I’ve said this a million times, but we really do have notes on Ballyhoo and still hope to get to it.

3 Likes

I totally understand how life gets in the way. I love the podcast so far. I discovered it this weekend while looking for resources on A Mind Forever Voyaging. Listened to the episodes on Plundered Hearts as well, and just started the one on Enchanter.

1 Like

Go for it! I can’t imagine anyone would object.

4 Likes

OK, I went ahead and collected (I think) all the working links from these four threads into Podcasts - IFWiki. Some of them seemed to be completely gone. And I may have left out one or two things that were YouTube links rather than audio files? Those didn’t feel quite like “podcasts” to me. But feel free to add others or reorganize things: this was a fairly arbitrary first pass.

9 Likes