GoFundMe Link to Help @Pinkunz and family after Traffic Accident

Hi folks – we’ve finalized the GoFundMe for pinkunz and his wife. If you’re able to donate, please help out an amazing family; if that’s not something you can do right now, sharing far and wide is really helpful too. They appreciate your support so much!

[Original Thread with news, updates, and well-wishes]

26 Likes

The correct link for the Update thread:

9 Likes

Whoops, thanks, I fixed the OP. I was linking back to the same post - I initially structured this a different way then decided to make a new post with the GFM link at the top for pinning/linking etc. Thanks for catching it. :slight_smile:

I don’t use Mastodon much, but they are great about boosting throughout the gaming community, please boost if you’re a Mastodon participant!

9 Likes

Yeah, great point – I’ll tag @zarf and @VictorGijsbers since I know they’re big there. Also if folks have blogs, especially those that are linked on PlanetIF, that could help build visibility for people who aren’t checking things so regularly – I think that’s Zarf and @kamineko, maybe others?

7 Likes

I just put up a blog post and tagged it “if” so it should eventually syndicate to https://planet-if.com

11 Likes

If you’re on Tumblr

8 Likes

My post is on PlanetIF! I didn’t know how often it scrapes for new content:

9 Likes

Really horrible news. All the best to Pinkunz and family. I’ve put something on Cohost about the GoFundMe - don’t think I have much reach but hopefully it helps. cohost! - "Fundraiser for medical bills for Pinkunz"

9 Likes

Posted on X and was spammed by groomers right away. But I hope it serves the purpose.

7 Likes

Done. How horrible.

Jeff

6 Likes

Maybe look at traditional news site and see which ones have covered IF in the past? This feels like a good humanity story to my editorial eyes. You may want to suggest it to the editors.

3 Likes

Done too. I hope they will recover soon!

5 Likes

Hi folks – got another update! The surgery yesterday went well, though he’s still in a lot of pain. But they’re going to be starting occupational therapy today and he’ll be discharged home once he’s able to walk with assistance; they expect the recovery to be 8-12 weeks.

Pinkunz told me he’s been reading everybody’s well wishes and appreciates it more than he can say – literally, since typing is very very hard for him with the pain-killers. But he and Heather both wanted me to pass along that they’re beyond touched with everything everybody is doing – donating, sharing, or offering words of comfort, it’s all deeply appreciated.

22 Likes

Little bump here on this :green_heart:
Thank you!

8 Likes

Thanks for the bump. We need to keep this at the forefront.

Jeff

7 Likes

Hi folks – just wanted to share that we updated Dan’s GoFundMe with some more info on how they’re doing, and two requests: 1) Dan is actively looking for a remote-work job so any ideas or specific leads that folks have would be super helpful – this is the number one priority; and 2) now that they’ve got a clearer sense of their finances post-accident, they do still need help to keep going while Dan finds a job, so for folks who can, additional donations would be really impactful.

And of course 3) please share this widely! Dan and Heather were speechless when they saw how generously the community responded, so massive gratitude to everyone who helped

9 Likes