GoFundMe Link to Help @Pinkunz and family after Traffic Accident

Hi folks – we’ve finalized the GoFundMe for pinkunz and his wife. If you’re able to donate, please help out an amazing family; if that’s not something you can do right now, sharing far and wide is really helpful too. They appreciate your support so much!

[Original Thread with news, updates, and well-wishes]

26 Likes

The correct link for the Update thread:

9 Likes

Whoops, thanks, I fixed the OP. I was linking back to the same post - I initially structured this a different way then decided to make a new post with the GFM link at the top for pinning/linking etc. Thanks for catching it. :slight_smile:

I don’t use Mastodon much, but they are great about boosting throughout the gaming community, please boost if you’re a Mastodon participant!

9 Likes

Yeah, great point – I’ll tag @zarf and @VictorGijsbers since I know they’re big there. Also if folks have blogs, especially those that are linked on PlanetIF, that could help build visibility for people who aren’t checking things so regularly – I think that’s Zarf and @kamineko, maybe others?

7 Likes

I just put up a blog post and tagged it “if” so it should eventually syndicate to https://planet-if.com

11 Likes

If you’re on Tumblr

8 Likes

My post is on PlanetIF! I didn’t know how often it scrapes for new content:

9 Likes

Really horrible news. All the best to Pinkunz and family. I’ve put something on Cohost about the GoFundMe - don’t think I have much reach but hopefully it helps. cohost! - "Fundraiser for medical bills for Pinkunz"

9 Likes

Posted on X and was spammed by groomers right away. But I hope it serves the purpose.

7 Likes

Done. How horrible.

Jeff

6 Likes

Maybe look at traditional news site and see which ones have covered IF in the past? This feels like a good humanity story to my editorial eyes. You may want to suggest it to the editors.

3 Likes

Done too. I hope they will recover soon!

5 Likes

Hi folks – got another update! The surgery yesterday went well, though he’s still in a lot of pain. But they’re going to be starting occupational therapy today and he’ll be discharged home once he’s able to walk with assistance; they expect the recovery to be 8-12 weeks.

Pinkunz told me he’s been reading everybody’s well wishes and appreciates it more than he can say – literally, since typing is very very hard for him with the pain-killers. But he and Heather both wanted me to pass along that they’re beyond touched with everything everybody is doing – donating, sharing, or offering words of comfort, it’s all deeply appreciated.

22 Likes

Little bump here on this :green_heart:
Thank you!

8 Likes

Thanks for the bump. We need to keep this at the forefront.

Jeff

7 Likes