URGENT HELP NEEDED from Pinkunz (serious car accident) [phone borrowed for op]

Thank you to you, and to everyone providing updates. Keeping Pinkunz in our thoughts here for a smooth surgery with no complications.

13 Likes

Hi folks – we’ve finalized the GoFundMe for pinkunz and his wife. If you’re able to donate, please help out an amazing family; if that’s not something you can do right now, sharing far and wide is really helpful too. They appreciate your support so much!

@moderators I’d like to make sure this gets out far and wide, so don’t know if there’s a way to pin this thread/post, and/or ping users so they see it. Or if it’d be easier to post this in its own thread, maybe that’d be a good idea too, but wanted to check with y’all before spamming the board.

24 Likes

Maybe a separate post? So it appears as NEW for everyone?

9 Likes

I hope the surgery goes smoothly and his recovery is as speedy as possible under the circumstances! I’m not in a position to provide much emotional support right now, but I did just donate to the GoFundMe.

12 Likes

I’ve made a new topic and pinned it:

15 Likes

Thanks so much, Hanon!

9 Likes

Just heard from him - he’s out of surgery! No other details yet but he’s able to text so that’s good :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Thinking of you, Pinkunz! What a terrible thing to happen. I hope the surgeries have achieved their goals and you can rest soon.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Pinkunz. Hopefully you can be back online soon, you’re one of the key members of the forum…and thank you again for your beta testing a few years ago

11 Likes

(cross-posted from the other thread)

Hi folks – got another update! The surgery yesterday went well, though he’s still in a lot of pain. But they’re going to be starting occupational therapy today and he’ll be discharged home once he’s able to walk with assistance; they expect the recovery to be 8-12 weeks.

Pinkunz told me he’s been reading everybody’s well wishes and appreciates it more than he can say – literally, since typing is very very hard for him with the pain-killers. But he and Heather both wanted me to pass along that they’re beyond touched with everything everybody is doing – donating, sharing, or offering words of comfort, it’s all deeply appreciated.

37 Likes

Thanks for the good news and I hope Pinkunz use wisely that amount of free time.

6 Likes

@tundish

çoontxct

23 Likes

23 Likes

Heyo!
Little update from Pinkunz, who’s just started the occupational therapy:
They anticipate a discharge around 11th of April, though it is not set in stone. Lot of rehab ahead of him :people_hugging:

27 Likes

43 Likes

Little update for yall!

Today, they removed some of the stitches from Pinkunz’s leg (without anaesthesia, hurt pretty bad) and cleared him to recover from home.
He will get care, OT and PT from home rather than at the rehab centre. He won’t be able to put any weight on his leg for some weeks still though. But he will be home :smiley:

38 Likes

11 Likes

Ouch!! But also, yay!! Great job getting through that, Pinkunz, and congratulations on this next step of your recovery! :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Congratulations, Pinkunz! Ouch, that must hurt. But it’s still great!!

8 Likes