Cragne Manor hint thread

The vinegar isnā€™t for opening the cover.

Examine the vinegar.

The vinegar is for weeds.

Put the vinegar on the poison ivy.

1 Like

Solved it. Thank u

You will need a tool.

If you havenā€™t found one yet, try cutting some vines & looking around. If you have nothing to cut with, the vinegar will help.

1 Like

I canā€™t quite imagine why people think IF is weird! :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been stuck with the hobo for some time. I have the flask and he has the allen key, but I canā€™t figure out what is supposed to go in the flask to make him accept it, as he throws it away because it is empty.

If he has thrown the flask away, I think you already should be able to get the key.

Iā€™m afraid he takes the key back. Seems he wants some booze, but I dunno.

give hobo flask

You hold the open flask in front of the hoboā€™s face and wave it around a little. The smell seems to get through to him even during sleep - he makes a few nondescript grimaces, opens and closes his mouth and moans uncontrolledly, then suddenly opens his eyes and locates the bottle. He grabs it faster than you can withdraw your hand (dropping something his right hand was clutching earlier), leads it to his mouth and disappointedly thows it away when he notices itā€™s empty. He then stares dead ahead and mumbles uncomprehensible gibberish, probably maledictions against you.

The hobo shakes his fist in your direction and nags about something you donā€™t understand.

take allen key

The hobo yells, ā€œSh mine! Mine! Mrrnnn back!ā€ He grabs the Allen key and clenches his fist around it.

The hobo tries to spit in your direction, but hits his own leg.

After you wake him up, which smelling the flask is sufficient for, you need him to move. You donā€™t need anything else to achieve this.

All you need to do is wait for him to go back to sleep before trying to take the key.

Ah, thanks! Looks like I had to give him the flask twice in a row to make that happen.

Hi folks,

Iā€™m in the smugglerā€™s cave and Iā€™ve listened to the record and read the newspaper. All thatā€™s left is to open the padlock, but I canā€™t even set it to one single number.

Searching back in the thread, it seems others had no trouble using the phrasing ā€œturn knob to Xā€ but when I enter single or 4 digits, the only response I ever get is ā€œThe knob canā€™t be set to that.ā€ Did something change in the game since that clue was discussed earlier in the thread? Iā€™ve tried various variations of that verb, and I get the same response.

Edit: Wrote too soon! I clicked the ā€œMoreā€ option in the search results and found others with the same issue. Padlock unlocked!

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™m playing Cragne manor, and I think I may need more explicit hints about the music room puzzle (in particular, the living room) than Iā€™ve seen on the thread. Any help is much appreciated.

I have explicit instructions in the form of a note with two riddles, and the body is awake, and I have the police report, but I need to do something in the living room. I think I know what to pick up, but it doesnā€™t give me a chance to say any nameā€“it makes me say ā€œhello?ā€ and then it ends. I only ever seem to get that 1 chance to pick the thing up. I feel like Iā€™m missing the right syntax, maybe?

Sorry for the obliqueness of the aboveā€“I donā€™t know how to use spoiler tags on this forum, so Iā€™ve tried to give as little away as possible.

1 Like

Have you solved either riddle? If I recall, it should be of use in this situation. You have part of it, but I believe that before that naming there is a specific sequence.

(Something like picking up and hanging up repeatedly?)

You mean the riddles from the note? Iā€™ve definitely solved the first one (about the circle). Itā€™s the second (about the ears) Iā€™m trying to solve.

The second one says to say my name first.

Maybe Iā€™m not saying the right name (although Iā€™ve tried with mine, Francines, and all the ones on the list). ā€œhang upā€ isnā€™t a recognized verb, but Iā€™ve picked up three times in a row, both before and after saying the name, and nothing happens.

I figured it out. Time can change in the room with the phone. Make sure it is night time when you try it. For me, an event in a different setting on the music room triggered the time change.

Thanks! Itā€™d been night when I first entered the room, and I hadnā€™t checked since then.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m stuck in the forbidden annex, and Iā€™ve already read every single one of the books available. Iā€™ve also lured the ghost away but I have no clue what to do next. The hint keeps saying that I can find what I need by asking the ghost about characters in the book But Iā€™ve already done that and I still canā€™t find a way to progress. I really really really need help because Iā€™ve been stuck on this puzzle for a few days now.

Hi fourleafclover and welcome to the forum!

First of all, a meta thing that youā€™re probably not stuck on: youā€™ll need to lure the ghost back in order to be able to ask him about the thing

To do this you can ring the bell

For the main thing, Iā€™m afraid that the relevant thing may be something thatā€™s not accessible if you miss it the first timeā€“if you have a lot of scrollback or a saved transcript that will help

the thing you want is not in the proper text of any of the books

in one of the first few books you read, there shouldā€™ve been something scrawled that mentioned a name

in case you donā€™t have this written down and itā€™s inconvenient to replay the relevant part, according to my notes itā€™s

barachā€™speroth arguule

Hi, Iā€™ve been at the manor library for too longā€¦What is the combination for the safe? So far Iā€™ve looked at the paperbacks, the chair, the massive tome (with the circled numbers), the deskā€¦ but I canā€™t get a clue.

1 Like