Cragne Manor hint thread

Ah, of course. I had the flask all alongā€¦I was just fixated on waking him up by making noise.

Heya! So I may have encountered a bug in the Music Room (or Iā€™m missing something thatā€™s staring me in the face):

Iā€™m in the closet in teenage Francineā€™s bedroom and dropped the chalk so she can fix the circle, then her and the boy leave.

But now I seem to be trapped in the closet (and yeah, I keep wanting to laugh at this situation!).

Iā€™ve tried the commands ā€œleave closetā€ and ā€œexit closetā€ and they both return ā€œBut you arenā€™t on the closet at the momentā€ (the word on here seems kind of weirdā€¦). And then when I ā€œlookā€ around it says ā€œYouā€™re still in the closetā€.

The podium isnā€™t here so I guess I canā€™t use the controls to go back to the music room. So how do I get out of this damn closet?? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, I donā€™t remember this one clearly either. But have you tried typing OUT?

1 Like

That also doesnā€™t work unfortunately, OUT, LEAVE, EXIT etc all say that I canā€™t leave the immediate area.

1 Like

Managed to reproduce this & you have in fact found a deadly bug: typing ā€œLEAVE CLOSETā€ strands you in a not-quite-Francineā€™s-bedroom zone from which ā€œOUTā€ no longer works & you can no longer return to the closet.

If you have been saving regularly & can get back to the point where you first typed ā€œLEAVE CLOSETā€ & type ā€œOUTā€ instead, everything should probably be fine! In any event I apologize.

ā€“Jenni

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @Jenni! Phew Iā€™m just relieved I wasnā€™t missing something obvious :laughing:

You are NOT alone. Iā€™m glad you reported it. I had encountered the same thing on my first play-through and just thought it was an error on my part! I had managed to go back to a previous save and came ā€œout of the closetā€ again the right way that time, accidentally.

Help please! Iā€™m hopelessly stuck in the Disheveled Studio, even after reading @e0lith helpful comments above. As near as I can tell, my problem is being ā€œfound worthyā€. Iā€™ve gotten this far (hopefully correctly):

Iā€™ve drawn my face on the canvas. Iā€™ve bled on it. Iā€™ve kissed it. Iā€™ve applied cedar and frankincense.

But whatever I do after that doesnā€™t seem to be working. I think the problem is the part about:

ā€¦ ā€œmoral laxityā€, ā€œmoral leakageā€, ā€œmoral substanceā€ that the book talks about. Itā€™s awfully cryptic regarding ā€œinflaming whatever it is within my breast that will prove myself worthy to the one who choosesā€.

So Iā€™ve tried:

ā€¦ drinking the musk, which incidentally is the only scent you can drink without dying, so I thought I was on to something there. But either way, when I apply the clear and the teal to the canvas and the ALL CAPS voice and Peter start talking, I keep dying ā€“ sometimes right away, sometimes after a turn or two. So maybe thereā€™s something Iā€™m supposed to do in that moment?

Iā€™m clearly missing something obvious here. Can anyone help?

1 Like

Hi gd, Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going wrong for you. Have you cleared all of the previous scents between attempts? Use the pale vial. Also try kissing the painting after applying the scents and see if that makes a difference - my notes indicate I kissed it twice, before and after so Iā€™m not entirely clear on which one was necessary.

@e0lith Thanks a ton! Iā€™m FINALLY past it, and I have no idea what was going wrong either because I started making judicious use of UNDO and TAKE BACK. But (in case anyone else gets stuck here) based on your comment, I started kissing that canvas like a mad fool. You get different feedback, about your ā€œspirit leaving your bodyā€ when you kiss it after applying the first two scents, so maybe that mattered. And then the big thing that seemed like it made a difference was kissing the canvas in the turn after youā€™ve applied the teal and gotten the ALL CAPS voice talking.

1 Like

Well done! Iā€™ve updated my original post to clarify that the kiss must be the last step. Thanks @gd.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m experiencing a strange issue in the tunnel entrance and wonder whether itā€™s a serious bug or just a minor one that I fix by doing something else instead. Essentially, the switch is not turned on after I turn it on. When I then go to the southeast tunnel, the light is (probably) off. Hereā€™s what happens:

x fuses
ā€¦
Next to the fuses is a large switch labeled ā€œSoutheast Tunnel.ā€ It is currently switched off.

turn on switch
You flip the power switch to the on position, and the southeast tunnel lights up.

x switch
A large antique-looking brass switch labeled ā€œSoutheast Tunnel.ā€ It is currently switched off.

se
Subterranean tunnel (Drew M)
Your light reflects off the cold, shin-deep water. Tiny shadows jump and skitter away from you, making it hard to tell where the walls end and the wildlife begins. The tunnel continues off to the northwest. To the east lies a door. The way back to the surface lies above. To the north, the stones have recessed to form an alcove a few feet deep.
A weird woman waves and watches you wantonly from the wall.
ā€œHey! Iā€™m waiting! Yoohooo?ā€

x woman
A woman, dressed in filthy clothes, slouches against a wall. She turns to look at you, staring at you with eyes eerily similar to yours. When you look away, she does too. Itā€™s hard to tell much about her features from this light without getting closer.
ā€¦

That is weird and I vaguely remember having some issues with that item

though it was more that I could keep switching the switch on than the issue that youā€™re having.

However,

If you can see the weird woman and all that stuff in the Subterranean tunnelā€“in fact, if you can see anything other than a darkness messageā€“the light is on. So you should probably be able to proceed from where you are. You canā€™t get the Subterranean Tunnel to be any more lit up than that.

OK, perhaps this bug occurs since I have the flashlight then. Thanks!

Hello! I donā€™t know if anyone is still watching this thread, but Iā€™ve been struggling with the Cragne Family Plot. I have the pewter box and Iā€™ve opened and examined all of the columbariums, but I canā€™t find a key for the box. The ā€œComplete Guideā€ thread said that the key to that box was just called ā€œkey from an urn,ā€ but Iā€™ve examined all three urns several times and I havenā€™t found any mention of a key. Also have checked out the statue and the headstones. Am I missing something? Should it be a different key? Iā€™ve tried all of mine, I think. Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Just offhand (I donā€™t have any transcripts or save files that let me test this myself), but have you tried

searching the urns?

Thatā€™s often the action you need to take when youā€™re looking for something in a container.

1 Like

Found it! I didnā€™t realize that I had to open the urns. I figured they didnā€™t open as Iā€™d already bailed out the grave a couple of times. I was imagining them more like buckets, I guess. Thanks! Searching worked perfectly.

1 Like

Iā€™m stuck trying to get the key in the back garden.

Iā€™ve put vinegar on the cover but it keeps asking for a tool and i cant figure out how to remove the screws. Dont know if im missing something obvious, or if i just use the wrong wordingā€¦

Yes, a tool is what you need. You probably havenā€™t found it yet.