OK, same problem I’ve had before with gnome-inform7 is now happening with inform7-ide. After I’ve created a file with an apostrophe in the name, the code which saves recently opened files doesn’t escape the name properly, which means it crashes the next time I try to open a new project while looking up the “recent files” list.
Since there are multiple extensions in the Friends of I7 repo with apostrophes, most of them by me, this is quite problematic. I am thinking of removing the apostrophes.
What’s worse is I’m having trouble finding where the cache is hidden so I can nuke it.
Edit: Found it. It’s
Here’s the crash:
(inform7-ide:47771): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 11:19:57.313: g_menu_item_set_detailed_action: Detailed action name 'app.open-recent(('file:///home/neroden/programming/inform-projects/Nathanael's%20Test%20Extension.i7x','inform7_extension'))' has invalid format: 61:expected ',' after first tuple element
This is with the .deb. I have absolutely no idea how to install flatpaks, I tried and gave up.
Frankly I am not dependent on the “recent files” list and I would be OK with as simplistic a solution as skipping over files with “problem filenames” when saving the recent files list, I just need it to stop crashing.
Closely related bug: Try “Open Extension” from the menu on one of the extensions with an apostrophe in the name. Instant crash. I think it’s very worthwhile to escape the apostrophes/single-quotes. I’ll see if I can find the relevant code in the git repo.
(I realized the IDE was picking up the setup from my previous attempted install, where, like a number of other people, I made the Extensions folder into a git checkout for the Friends of I7 extensions repo. Anyway, this will happen whenever there’s an extension with an apostrophe in the name.)
(inform7-ide:58555): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 11:41:09.122: g_menu_item_set_detailed_action: Detailed action name 'app.open-recent(('file:///home/neroden/Inform/Extensions/Nathanael%20Nerode/Nathanael's%20Debug%20Tools.i7x','inform7_extension'))' has invalid format: 70:expected ',' after first tuple element