A new release of the Windows Frotz interpreter is available from here
The changes are:
- The Blorb resolution chunk (‘Reso’) is now supported, allowing graphics in V6 games to be scaled appropriately for the interpreter’s window size. For Infocom’s V6 games this scaling is done as a simple, ‘blocky’ rescale (producing a result that matches the original appearance of these games), but for other games this is done with a proper rescaling algorithm that produces smooth results.
- The V6 scaling item in the options dialog has been removed: when running an Infocom V6 game the interpreter automatically resizes the window to the largest multiple of 320x200 that fits on the screen.
- If the game calls the restore or save opcodes in the form that does not bring up a file dialog, the interpreter now takes care to remove any characters which would change the directory in which the file is written.
- A case where the check_unicode opcode would report that a character could not be printed, when in fact it could, has been fixed.
- The output_stream opcode did not correctly handle its width argument in V6: this has been corrected by a patch from David Griffith.