What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Happy anniversary! I’m glad your marriage is successful. :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy anniversary fos1 and Debbie!

Today’s positive for me: making my favourite comfort pesto pasta.

7 Likes

Writing this outside our tent on the bank of the river Sure in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. Just saw a shooting star. Read two great books. Five great hikes. Visited one ruin of a 13th century castle.

I like it here.

10 Likes

You sure no how to make us envious.

4 Likes

My kid picked out a bunch of nail polish for me and some hair ties in gorgeous colors, as well as a new dress as a birthday present- it looks just like my grad dress, except with eyelet lace details in the sleeves, it’s so beautiful. And a cute pink jacket!

The dress is apparently poplin cotton, and the sweater is very comfy. Like a plushie.

I managed to sit upright and eat a meal downstairs at the table for the second day in a row! My phone has also finally begun recognizing my face again, as the injuries have gone down, even with residual bruising and bleeding where it’s torn along the corner of my eye: it’s healing up real nicely. I can open them with minimal difficulties, and the overall socket swelling has decreased.

Pictures of my healing eyes.

5 Likes

Did some sleuthing. The jacket my kid picked out for me is a limited colorway, and the normal colors of the jacket from the brand go for 170$ new. He snagged it for 21$! (He likes to pick out clothes and items for me while he’s out and about shopping, I always sneak the money back into his piggy bank.)

6 Likes

today i did a demo for my work that I’ve been anxiously fretting over and our [adjectives redacted] client really liked it, much to our surprise.

9 Likes

Wahoo! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Experimental outlining session went well, which I was pleasantly surprised by.

5 Likes

I have a plushie hoodie in magenta. I call it my muppet-skin sweater, because it really looks like someone made it from a Sesame Street character.

In positive news: we are back from our mini-vacay at the lake, which was amazing. It was this crystal clear lake up in the lush green mountains, and it was cold in the mornings! In August! Our dog spent all her time wading around in the shallows pouncing unsuccessfully at fish and Tom and I just ate and slept and walked a lot. Twas lovely.

8 Likes

this is why I never posted about my movements… the list of storied places I can reach in a quarter day, by fast rail (meaning, half day travel, half day staying) is simply staggering :wink:

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

6 Likes

Just good start-of-weekend vibes today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I recently bought a cheap, hand-cranked coffee grinder for pulverizing eggshells and find its use surprisingly enjoyable… makes me not look forward to running out of eggshell to pulverize and makes me wonder what else I could grind with it… turning paper shreds from my paper shredder in to paper dust comes to mind, but dried egg liner is rather papery and doesn’t seem to grind well when big pieces of it separate from the shell, so I don’t know if paper would do any better.

6 Likes

First we had fizzing. Now we have grinding. Whatever will come next as a way to change the structure of reality?

2 Likes

Grayson drew some of my characters’ hands, today. It was very impressive, as is usual from their art- but I just adore how sweetly chubby they rendered Winnie’s hands: she’s a pudgy little baby and it made me so nostalgic for when lil man’s hands were that dear. Was cool to see Andrey’s hand rendered with the partial amputation he has and his wedding ring. :3

4 Likes

Been having fun playing dressup with my OCs again.

4 Likes

Writing to the sound of videogame soundtracks :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Oddly, most of the time I don’t listen to anything while I write, 'cos I feel like I get too focused on the music and it interferes with writing. XD

5 Likes

It took way too much time, failure, and frustration, but I now have a super-thin, extreme-low-complexity, SSH client, and it’s bootable from USB.

Windows 10 takes too long to boot and shutdown, and there’s no reason to sit through that if I’m remotely working on a different computer anyway.

This is probably in my top 3 most infuriating projects of all time to work on. Makes the victory feel better, somehow.

12 Likes

Daylight hours are starting to feel normal again (getting dark about 8pm here on the 55th parallel north). I really struggle with sleep around the summer solstice due to all the extra light, so the approach of autumn makes me very happy.

3 Likes