What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Productive start to the week, accompanied by good music.

4 Likes

I was just sitting on a couch next to Tom Hanks’s son!

Edit: while backstage at a Matt Parker show.

9 Likes

I’m more jealous of the Matt Parker bit than the Tom Hanks bit.

Then again, I care WAY more about educational YouTubers than I do movie stars… and couldn’t name a single Tom Hanks film to save my life.

3 Likes

What??? How? Why? :joy: the minimal context is killing me!

1 Like

My wife is performing a segment of his show, as is Truman Hanks. “An Evening of Unnecessary Detail”.

3 Likes

Washed my blanket today. Nothing better than snuggling under the covers with a blankey fresh from the dryer.

Also refound my silicon bunny nightlight awhile ago, and he remains good company. He glows a warm white, (two intensities) or cycles through a rainbow fade.

6 Likes

Soon…

6 Likes

Ah, dammit, straight apostrophes get me every time.

9 Likes

But no. It seems that, once again, you’ll have to do the constables’ job for them, and solve the case of your own murder. Then you’ll have do the editors’ job for them, and proofread your corrected obituary before it can go to press with straight apostrophes.

You’re beginning to see why Sherlock Holmes came back from the dead.

9 Likes

Saw my therapist, it went really well. We talked about sexuality and myself as a sexual being and all that jazz. Left feeling good with myself. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Woke up to some wonderful rumbly thunder. It’s one of those days where it looks like it could rain any second, but it isn’t. The clouds are keeping the temperatures down too. It’s only forecast to hit 90 today.

7 Likes

Here in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is forecast to hit a high of 74F, low 53. It’s sunny and sparkly and unbelievably pretty. Back home in central Texas, I see it will be 104 today. I am starting to wonder why I suffered through so many excruciatingly hot summers before tweaking to the fact that you don’t have to live like that.

And we’re taking off today for a few days by a lake about an hour and a half from here. I plan to sit by the lake and beta test and write and dream. Or maybe it will rain there and I’ll do those things on a porch. I believe I am healing from my horrible, terrible, no-good, very bad couple of years.

10 Likes

By some small Miracle, the high for today is only 78, which I believe is the lowest we’ve had in months… Still, while I still wish I could afford to move to Raleigh where there is decent pedestrian access, mass transit, and paratransit and disability services are available right there instead of the “local” office being halfway across the state, Amanda’s posts have me convinced that, if one must live in the middle of nowhere North Carolina, it would be better to do so in the mountains than the coastal plains… Sadly, moving to the mountains is as out of reach as moving to Raleigh.

4 Likes

I got some good writing done today! It feels like it’s been so long.

4 Likes

It was at 100 degrees and going north when I went to swim exercise at 11:00 am, Houston time.

5 Likes

Looks great! Did you make it yourself, or do you have an artist you work with? Love the pink texture.

2 Likes

For this one, made it myself! I drew all the shapes in Inkscape, then recolored a bunch of public domain paper textures in GIMP and applied them as fills to the shapes.

7 Likes

Lovely walk when it was still sunny this morning.

4 Likes

First time since the twelfth that I’ve been physically well enough to go downstairs, and sit upright to eat a meal. I’ve been mostly relegated to lying in bed or draping myself half upright on the carpeted stairs, so that was really exciting. Hopefully things continue to go well on the mend.

9 Likes

Today is my 54th anniversary!

Debbie is still the answer to my dreams.

17 Likes