What are you listening to?

New Rainbow Kitten Surprise audio!

3 Likes

This is either a tragic Joesme song, or a really cursed E Squared song. Or a sad Balisongsters song… Divorcees parallel once more.

If I could go back
Then you should know that
There’s a part of me that wants you even now
And if I told you
I miss the old you
'Cause it feels so long ago
But I still think about

Kissing in the cold, I treasured you like gold
Fingers on my skin, a fire from within
Lost in your embrace, the arms that kept me safe
A story left untold of kissing in the cold

It was all red
Roses scattered over the bed, mm-mm
Falling too fast
So naive we thought it would last, mm-mm-mm

4 Likes

I’m not such a fan of Korn because their songs may be metal, but they just feel very pop. I’m more a {Pearl Jam / Nirvana} guy when it comes to rock. But I heard this song on a long coach ride back on my friend’s headphones, and I loved it … I recommend it to rock lovers and pop lovers alike!

EDIT: wrong song, above is the right one! But this is also a great song:

Polyethylene

4 Likes

Drowsing off in bed while listening to this song that is like, so Balisongsters in most of their lives, and one very specific modern AU of Joesme.

2 Likes

Was talking about music with Jessie earlier- The Front Bottoms, Autoheart, Chromeo, and Saint Motel are my favourite bands. This one’s a really good track.

4 Likes

The acoustic version is so gentle.

3 Likes

Very interesting to hear the simple version. Sounds much better than the album version, personally.

2 Likes

If you haven’t yet heard Radiohead’s KID A songs, you’re missing out… Notably Everything In Its Right Place and How To Disappear Completely if you’re more into slow electronic that really is amazing.

(This was fan-made)

4 Likes

Ooh, I like this one. Thanks for the rec :smile:

2 Likes

I’m real vibing to this song right now …

My main question is, how many of you have heard of Dave Matthews Band? They’re really good.

4 Likes

I haven’t! But I don’t know most of the music you people post here.

4 Likes

I only know of the Dave Matthews Band because I get them confused with the Matthew Good Band. I’m like, “Oh, I haven’t heard this song title from Matthew Good… what the #@&%? This isn’t Matthew Good?! Is this some sort of Mandela Effect?!” Then I calm down and realize that I’m just a moron. :wink:

I think you and @Sophia would like this song if you haven’t heard it before. I have no idea how popular Canadian music is around the world so in the spirit of my “Matthews Band” dyslexia…

Plus a few others:

3 Likes

Oh my. Of course. Am I showing my age that I think this is a silly question? :laughing:

3 Likes

DMB was one of the biggest mainstream alternative bands (yes, that was a thing, “alternative” was a bizarre genre label) of the mid-90s - they were right up there with Hootie and the Blowfish. I’m guessing most Americans over 35 would at least know Crash Into Me.

(Also, reading back up the thread, Kid A is indeed great! I remember listening to it with a friend the day it came out - he’d heard that some of the first printings had a secret art book printed on onionskin hidden in the jewel case, so we pried it open before listening. Pretty cool, especially in the days before that kind of stuff would immediately become common knowledge).

5 Likes

Haha, what a damning comparison.

3 Likes

It’s damning evidence! Get him! :laughing:

Funnily enough, Crash Into Me isn’t my favourite of theirs. It would be a close tie of about 8 of their songs. Hmmm.

2 Likes

I never really listened to them. I had two of their albums I got through a CD club (now I’m really showing my age).

For those who weren’t alive in the days of actual physical media that got shipped through the mail, a CD club (or for the even older, record club) was a subscription service that would send you albums every month or so, and if you forgot to mail in your preferences, they would just send you the album of the month. So we got a lot of albums we didn’t really want.

4 Likes

Jinx shared this song with me, and it is so Joel x Esme x Enoch ‘I don’t need your love’ core.

4 Likes

Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) - David Bowie

4 Likes

You ever notice that since David Bowie died in 2016, everything’s started going wrong? I tell you, he kept the Earth from spinning off its axis.

3 Likes