PunyInform Quick Reference

The PunyInform Quick Reference document has now been released. It’s meant to be printed (8 pages) and kept nearby while coding, for anyone who knows the library but needs a reminder from time to time. This document is based on Roger Firth’s InfoLib at Your Fingertips.

It’s 5000 words and is meant to cover most features of the library. It’s not guaranteed to be complete, and the descriptions are very brief - you will still need to read DM4 + the PunyInform manual for full information.

It’s not meant to help beginners learn PunyInform - please turn to the tutorials or manuals for this.

The document can be found at PunyInform/documentation at master · johanberntsson/PunyInform · GitHub

14 Likes

This is a fantastic resource and I will be making use of it. I would also like to request a MarkDown version available on the GitHub Wiki or in the repo, such that I can view the contents as a single column on my smartphone screen.

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do. It’s a LibreOffice document, maybe there’s a converter.

1 Like

Pandoc (https://pandoc.org/) works for nearly everything (and is generally a very cool piece of software).

3 Likes

The new guide is very helpful. Thank you.

Pandoc is also new to me. I need a tool to convert html. I also need to increase the font size of the Puny QR. It should be helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks, I used Pandoc and made an .md file. Available at the same link as above.

4 Likes

I use retext(1) following my custom of using wordprocessors/editors also as glorified file converters :wink:

(BTW, this allows also a little editing work for easing the conversion)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio

1 Like