New artist here

I just stumbled across this community from Gregory Weir’s blog after reacquainting myself with my childhood love of text based games. And I love how active it is! I don’t know how much time I’ll have to contribute, but I would love to do sketches/some standalone pieces when I have time/opportunity. I’ve never collaborated on an IF but I have done some comic and concept art! Also my skills might be a little rusty, it’s been a while, but I would like to knock off some of that rust if y’all are open to some collabing. Thanks for reading!

25 Likes

Sup! Loved Weir’s Flash games back in the day, good to see another fan of them here. Artists are cool. I know there are several people around who might be interested in collabing…

5 Likes

That’s good to know! Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

Also not sure about image posting etiquette, so let me know if this isn’t the way, but I realized I should probably post some examples lol. The first two are from a little IF I did for a course project, the third is a dnd character request, the fourth is a page from my hellblazer fan comic. Not a lot, but I think it’s a good representation of my range.

19 Likes

I really, really like the last comic strip sample you did. Like, wow!

Curious, how long does it typically take to make a 3-pane strip like that?

2 Likes

It takes a while! I’d say probably eight to ten hours though I do lose track of time and have also been out of the game for about a year

4 Likes

It does take more time than people think. Sometimes, I feel like I’m too slow. I’m not a professional though.

There was an interesting thread about someone looking for a title graphic for a game… perhaps you might be interested. I’d love to see your take on the art request. I’m more of a graphic designer (graphic engineer?), but I see an actual artist when I look at your work.

https://intfiction.org/t/artist-wanted-to-collaborate-on-horror-themed-project/62847

Anyway, something to consider.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words! And thanks for the link–i really like your submission btw. I like how clean and iconic it is. I might try my hand at a cover, just not sure if any of us can beat the ai lol

3 Likes

I do hope our new overlords are benevolent.

2 Likes