Neurocracy: Wikipedia as IF

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Two years ago, I dropped in to check whether an early project qualified as IF

Last year, the answer to that query was such a resounding yes that the project took third place in 2019’s IntroComp

And now it’s this year! So I come to you once more with an update regarding Neurocracy, an IF experience that tells a sci-fi story inside and between the articles of a futuristic Wikipedia

There’s now a website at neurocracy.site which goes into greater detail as to what the project has turned into thanks to the lovely feedback received from the community here

The notion behind Neurocracy’s interactivity was always that its story would be told by people coming together to debate implications and interpretations embedded across the various wikis

If that sounds like something you’d like to help out with, we would be delighted to have you! Ahead of Neurocracy’s release later in the year, we’re testing out an early access model where you can check out the first episodes as they’re being finalised. For that purpose, we’ve set up a Discord server right here

And of course, thank you for the kind words you’ve offered Neurocracy so far! It wouldn’t exist as it does today without your generous support :heart:

12 Likes

Hey everyone! Hope you don’t mind me bumping this topic, but I’m just too darn pickled to announce that the first episode of Neurocracy has been released! And it’s free! And you can find it at omnipedia.app :grinning:

The response to this first release has been overwhelming in the best possible way and I wouldn’t have gotten to this point without the support of this wonderful community. Thank you all so much, and if you do take a dive into Omnipedia, let me know what you think? :hugs:

6 Likes

Bumping again to note that Joannes has started another online run of Neurocracy, one week per episode.

This time there’s a custom app which lets you participate in forum discussion with other players. I think. :) Haven’t tried it myself!

3 Likes