MacOS Inform 1.68 can't test extensions?

I recently got a new Mac and had to update the Inform IDE to 1.68, and I seem to have lost the ability to select examples in extension projects. The menu “Example to test” is there in the toolbar, but clicking on it does nothing. This is true for both new and old extension projects that worked with the older version.

Has anyone else seen this?

Nope, same problem happens when I try it. I suspect Toby didn’t test that case when he was updating the IDE.

Please file this at http://inform7.com/mantis/ .

I’ve requested an account, but I’m not sure how quickly I should expect an e-mail.

This is still an issue and the mantis bug tracker doesn’t seem to be available.

1 Like

Dave M:
I also have been having problems with this on my Mac V1.68, OS Monterrey. The exact same code is working on the Windows platform, according to another user, but the Test button is disabled on the Mac IDE. I noticed your date of Jan 2020, so it’s been almost 3 years and it has not been fixed?

Since Monterrey is running, there is a major difference between this 64-bit OS and the previous 32-bit OS. I wonder if that is a place to start looking for a solution; or rather, confirming that there will be no solution?

This was discussed here:

There is a functional bug tracker again, and this isn’t in there. (Not being a Mac person, I’m not going to try to report it.)

1 Like