iOS 16.4 just released today. If you upgrade to it, you can sign up for push notifications from this forum.
To do it, you have to “Add to Home Screen” first. The instructions are as follows:
- Scroll to reveal the URL bar
- Tap the Share button (the box with an up arrow)
- Scroll the Share Sheet to reveal the “Add to Home Screen” button
- Tap on “Add to Home Screen”
- Tap the “Add” button in the upper right corner
- Tap on the new app icon you just made
- You’ll be logged out; sign in again
- Tap the “Enable Notifications” banner to sign up for push
Previously, iOS users could subscribe to push notifications from “Discourse Hub,” a separate app for iPhone/iPad. I believe this new way of subscribing to notifications will work better.
(Specifically, the notifications will arrive faster; on Discourse Hub, notifications would sometimes take an hour or more to send, because the Hub had to poll intfiction.org for updates. Now, intfiction.org can push updates to phones directly, without an intermediary.)