IFComp Submission Deadline 9/28/2023

• September 28: The last date that authors can upload their games to the competition site.
  • October 1: The games are released to the public, and the judging period begins.
  • November 15: All votes must be submitted by the end of the day.

Click the “Going” button below to have a forum notification sent 1 day and 1 hour prior to remind you.

14 Likes

22 Likes

Ohh, I thought it was now! I was getting so hyped up aaaaand… * Phew * but also noo

4 Likes

Early morning of the 29th, for those of us on the West Coast*! But I’m giving mine the last touches strictly today, hitting send and trying to get some sleep for a change.

Funny how after Dancing with Fear, I promised myself next time I’d do things in a more constant way, building my next year’s entry over time instead of a frantic 10-day sprint in September. Flash-forward 7 years, I did it all again, except who can afford the luxury of ten full days of focused, uninterrupted work, with a baby who (literally) kicks my ass every night (that’s kinda ok, TBH: it’s worse when she kicks my face). I never learn.

Anyway, grab a coffee and let’s do a last polish pass. Hello, I’m Víctor and this is Jackass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

'* of Eurasia

12 Likes

Yeah, 12PM on the 29th for me!

4 Likes

Pencils down on the code. Pencils down on the hints. I’ve gotten the final updates from the artist and as soon as classes finish for today I’ll be integrating all of those into the feelies, and then it’s time for the final submission.

We’re so close!

16 Likes

Good luck everybody! I know I’m super excited for the Comp, I’ve heard of a bunch of cool games I’m looking forward to playing, and I know there’ll be even more great ones to be surprised by. So thanks to all the authors for all your work, including this final sprint!

15 Likes

I’m looking forward to being a first-time participant as well as a first-time judge! It’s been a long road to get here. As for judging, though, with all of life’s time commitments figured in, I will be doing good to meet the minimum volume to qualify. Going to see if my wife and I can make a couple date evenings out of playing through a few games!

19 Likes

Best of luck to this year’s authors! Facebook reminded me that 5 years ago today I submitted the final version of my IFComp game that year. I’m not entering this year, but hope to play, judge and review as many games as I can manage.

16 Likes

Yes, best of luck! I only tested one IFComp this year, but I’m very excited for the author. Special shout out to people entering their first game.

18 Likes

And it’s submitted! Unless anything goes horribly wrong in the next six hours, my entry is in and finalized!

16 Likes

Good luck everyone! This is my second IF Comp, the first being like 18 years ago (!!!)

16 Likes

Ooooh final hours for the participants! Very excited to see the entries this year!
Really looking forward to play the games :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Oof, looks like I’m not gonna have my project done in time, but I am going to keep going with it anyway and release it some time in the near future.

Good luck to everyone who gets their work done on time!

15 Likes

SUBMITTED. In terms of my health, I’m limping to the end – I got my COVID booster and flu shot on Tuesday and I’m still feeling the effects – but I’m feeling very good about getting to the finish line after many months of development.

Good luck to everyone submitting this year! I can’t wait to play your games.

16 Likes

Welcome back! Wow! One hell of a hiatus!

7 Likes

Well, I frigging submitted. 3.45 am over here.

Off to bed, folks.

13 Likes

Frigging congrats!!! Sincerely. You did better than I did already.

6 Likes

One last reminder, just in case—remember to click the “Preview These Entries” link after submitting, to make sure everything works properly! After tonight you won’t be able to fix bugs until the competition opens, and you don’t want a broken version being in the initial downloads!

This is how I discovered that a previous version of my upload had messed up the image paths and Parchment would crash entirely when it tried to display any graphics.

13 Likes