IFComp 2023 Review Spreadsheet

The median for public review is officially now at 1!
This means it’s now clearer to see which entry have received many or little attention in the reviews.

EDIT: we also passed the first 100’s! :partying_face:

8 Likes

So sorry to interrupt you, but what does the ifcomp2023-game tag mean? And will the rest of the reviewers (including myself) on the forum be added to the spreadsheet list? Thank you very much.

1 Like

That’s the tag for discussion and review of specific games, potentially involving spoilers – here’s the mod’s post on the two tags.

And the spreadsheet is editable by anyone, so most folks just add their own names and reviews!

4 Likes

I added the links to your reviews on the spreadsheet already if you’re looking for them :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

And now the median for total reviews has passed 2. I think we’re going to get to review all games sooner than last year.

BTW, whoever’s game gets their first review last? Prism got its first review last, last year! And it did more than okay!

9 Likes

Hello @manonamora and others,

I’m very happy to see that there are actually two reviews at the moment for Codename Obscura. The one mentioned below I found on the Playing -thread, so probably not by one of the authors in the IFComp competition? Sorry, I have not had much time to follow the discussions here, was the spreadsheet meant only for the author reviews?
-Mika

1 Like

Ah, I see someone has added my review to the review spreadsheet. Although… I should probably be on the authors’ side? Is it possible to just cut & paste a column without breaking the whole sheet? (Thought I’d ask before messing around with it…)

2 Likes

Ha, that would be me! Still not a single one. I’m guessing the unexpected return of Stiffy Makane has everyone in shock and awe.

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! As I’m bound to, of course.

3 Likes

My understanding is that the split is between public and nonpublic reviews. You can see this on past editions of the spreadsheet, where public reviews by entrants are still listed on the left. Although speaking of it, the review tally is bugged and not counting your review, only tallying from row F on.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be an overview of reviews of the entries of the IFComp, not just author’s. Same with where the reviews are (not restricted to the Forum only)
This:

If you are an Author reviewing the comp, please add (author) next to your name on the first row (it’s for the stats).

is just to differentiate whether the reviewer is also participating in the comp or not (for stats). Anyone can add a link to a review on the spreadsheet :wink:

If you select a column, you can move it with a click and drag.

ALSOALSO: Public Median is now 2!!

4 Likes

Looks like it will be Citizen Makane, if we count both public and author reviews.

2 Likes

It’s number 72 on my list, so I’ll get to it, but not for quite a while!

(I am very curious to see it, and also Victor’s take on it).

3 Likes

(For what it’s worth, I’m operating under the assumption that at the end of Citizen Makane, he whispers “The Rosebush” before dying.)

21 Likes

While remembering some delicately scented pubic hair.

9 Likes

200 reviews passed!

EDIT: After adding a bunch of links from review threads, the public median moved to 3!

Don’t forget that anyone can edit the stylesheet to add a link or a new author column !
( CTRL+K on a selected cell :wink: )

12 Likes

Mika has two columns. I mean, I don’t object, they did a lovely review of Barcarolle, surely they deserve an extra column… (thanks, btw Mika, highly appreciated! I’m happy you like it so much🥰)

3 Likes

Edited.
If you see doubles, you can change that too :wink:

2 Likes

Usually when I see doubles, I leave the pub and go to bed.

9 Likes

Thanks for squeezing me in! (@manonamora I suspect?)

2 Likes