IFComp 2021

The button is pushed. The Interactive Fiction Competition

17 Likes

(Note to self - Overdoing it with the content warnings has a spoiler effect.)

2 Likes

Hmm, only (“only”) 71 entries. Perhaps last year’s 104 was an anomaly rather than the new normal.

Also, I think the zip file is missing the readme that’s supposed to be there.

1 Like

Hi, @FriendOfFred. We opted to not put a readme in this year - the blog post and site cover things. If that’s a big omission for you, please remember to put it in the post-comp survey when that comes out. Thanks!

2 Likes

@Jacqueline Thanks for the reply. Its absence isn’t a big deal to me, it’s just that the ballot page says it’s included, so I was momentarily confused:

You can download a .zip archive (641 MB) containing all the games of this year’s competition. The archive includes a README file explaining how to play games of various formats.

2 Likes

Oh - thanks. I will point that out / discuss it with our Dev Team.

OoooOOooo…!

8 Likes

Yes! Very nice.

I have already picked out games to start.

Let the games begin!

3 Likes

Hello again, folks - we’re seeing some errors when people try to vote, and we’re working to troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

I’m shocked that people are voting this early. I guess some folks are were really excited to get started.

I noticed on the older pages, all the entries have links to ifdb. Are the organizers the ones who make the ifdb pages for the entries, or did some kind soul go through and do all that on their own?

1 Like

I believe it’s a kind soul, IFDB username Zape, who does this (at least, they’re doing it now, with a bunch of entries already up, and I believe they did it last year too). A real hero!

4 Likes

Well, I’m still impressed!

2 Likes

Just played my first! I’m a fan of Arthur DiBianca, so I started with Grandma Bethlinda’s Remarkable Egg.

5 Likes

The voting page issue is resolved. Thanks for everyone’s patience.

4 Likes

Zape is, like, the @mathbrush of IFDB entries.

He neither requires water, nourishment nor sleep. He might not even require air.

He just enters IFDB data.

I think he might be a cyborg.

7 Likes

Agreed! So, SO excited to play a new Grandma Bethlinda game!

3 Likes

Yes, I think a 7-month lockdown before the comp last year might have had something to do with the number of entries. :thinking:

4 Likes

That is very cool. But a minor bug in Dark Mode on Chome/WIndows.

1 Like

Thanks! I am also on Chrome, dark mode, Windows, and did not get that. image @paulseawa would you be cool with our team contacting you to troubleshoot? I have your email address… I’ll contact you!

Of course!

1 Like