All competition deadlines specifically mean 11:59 PM, Eastern time, on the given dates.
- July 1: The competition website is open for authors to declare their intent to enter this year’s competition.
- September 1: The last date that authors can register their intent to enter.
- September 28: The last date that authors can upload their games to the competition site. Everyone starts counting down the hours, eager to explore all the new IFfy goodness.
- October 1: The games are released to the public, and the judging period begins.
- November 15: All votes must be submitted by the end of the day. The competition results are announced shortly afterwards. Prize choosing and distribution begins.
Tags have been created: ifcomp2020 for general discussion, and ifcomp2020-game for discussion of specific games and reviews.
There will be a private discussion category restricted to 2020 author entrants only which will open when the games are released or slightly before. If you provide your Forum Username to the organizers they can add you to the group when the Comp opens, or you will be able to make a specific request to join once the competition gets going from the “Groups” section under the forum hamburger menu.