IF Soundtracks

I have two soundtracks from IF games in my collection: The Prairie House and A Thousand Thousand Slimy Things. I’d like to add more IF soundtracks to my collection. So, are there any other IF soundtracks available out there?

8 Likes

I know The Archivist and the Revolution has gotten a update recently-ish which now includes a soundtrack.

6 Likes

CC’s Road to Stardom

5 Likes

This is probably not quite what you’re looking for, but Tony Longworth did an album of music inspired by Infocom games. It’s called ‘Memories of Infocom’. An easy way to find it is to click the above link, click the button to YouTube Music, click Show All, then click one of the links to Memories of Infocom to hear the whole album.

6 Likes

I’ve composed for several of my games, and others’. If you look on my personal Bandcamp, the first five entries are IF soundtracks.
Leadlight Gamma has a short album. (horror/soundtrack)
Andromeda 1983 is in game music. (C64 style)
Kerkerkruip (fantasy/RPG) and Ghosterington Night (comedic-spooky) are theme tracks.
Black Giant (sci-fi/soundtrack) is from Andromeda Apocalypse.

Most recently, I wrote Barcarolle in Yellow (70s thriller soundtrack) for the eponymous IFComp 2023 entry.

I should probably get the music for Six onto the Bandcamp, too.

-Wade

9 Likes

The tracks don’t play in the actual game, but Davide Bucci did a soundtrack based on his Silk Dust text adventure…

6 Likes

I uploaded the original soundtrack to my delightfully short comedy superhero beat-em-up A Matter of Heist Urgency right here on the forum: A Matter of Heist Urgency OST. (I recommend you play the game first; some of the tracks might be musical spoilers.)

5 Likes

Taking it as read that we’re all agreed the theme tune to Custard and Mustard’s Big Adventure is the unsurpassable apogee of text game music, (with the charming title music to How Prince Quisborne the Feckless Shook His Title coming in as a respectable second), the cool and quirky music to Feathery Christmas, by the same team behind CC’s Road to Stardom, is definitely worth a listen, and is just right for this time of year.

I also remember that Shadow Operative from the 2020 IFComp (which I tested) has a soundtrack.

5 Likes

Seeing someone enjoying the Slimy Things soundtrack is so gratifying! It makes me want to actually release the Kiss of Beth soundtrack, too.

My music seed from last year’s SeedComp, Drones & Groans, was used in three separate entries, so it’s like three soundtracks in one.

7 Likes

According to Cain has a soundtrack. (I sometimes listen to it on my evening walks.) I’ve thought about assembling it somewhere for listening / download, but haven’t put that together yet.

8 Likes

Right now, the soundtrack for I Am Prey only has the in-game versions that are mixed to be less distracting for reading, but I would like to make a standalone mix for active listening before uploading it anywhere.

So, uh… I’ll come back to you on this, lol.

5 Likes

Playlist for robotsexpartymurder (SFW!)

Playlist for Cannery Vale

5 Likes

So many interesting soundtracks!! Thank you all for sharing!

3 Likes

Here’s all the music from Little Match Girl installments 2, 3, and 4.

6 Likes

Renegade Brainwave has an excellent soundtrack.

4 Likes

Beat Witch has a soundtrack, which can be found here.

3 Likes

A CERTAIN SOMEBODY put together this playlist for Taco Fiction and sent it to me three weeks ago, when this thread was at the top of the charts. But I remissed posting it here until now!

3 Likes

Universal Hologram comes with a soundtrack! I made it entirely on the Minilogue XD, if I remember correctly

4 Likes

And it’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done about my IF, Wade, thank you very much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

(I meeeean, with the exception of my dear and amazingly talented wife, author of the cover art)

(He adds hastily, before daggers fly)

5 Likes