I’m playing IfComp 2021 entry Ghosts Within, making gradual progress, and I’d like some help!
Here’s a hint from me: SAVE OFTEN IF YOU PLAY THIS! The game’s not punishingly difficult or anything like that, but you can get to some early endings which you can’t undo your way back out of.
What I’m trying to do next is:
The sculptor is willing to give me his hammer if I grill the cod I have for him. He’s got a stove that’s perfect for grilling, but I can’t just stick the fish it in or on it. So I’m thinking I need, maybe a pan or tin foil or something. Can’t skewer it with the branch. Or maybe I’m using the wrong command with the stove.
Other things that could be ways forward:
- padlock on the house up the cliff west of the village, seems like a good thing to hammer
- clippings behind glass that Silas wants
- I can get into town hall, but got caught
- no use for id card yet
- protection to search wreckage
- some way down to the beach to the north
- something for the boat problem
- jukebox seems conspicuous
- east door in the motel?
- spotted a white thing near reefs in the water, dunno how to get a better view
- maybe I want to scale the north cliff with the railing?
- “You are carrying a long branch, ten oranges, a brass hooded lantern (providing light), a 103 key, an ID card, a car key, some binoculars, a flower guide, a raw cod, a small trowel, a small tin, a silver key, and a pocket knife. You’re wearing some clothes.”
Oh and if anyone else is stuck fairly early on, here’s some places to look for items:
- gas station
- down by the docks
- near cemetery (an item, and a path) (REALLY EXPLORE HERE)
- sculptor, captain, and silas seem to be the ppl who’ve actually given me things to do so far
- if you ever get stuck, look around in the workshop and the cemetery area more!
- examine all the people carefully
- verbs you’ll need. show X to Y, ask X for Y, tell X about Y, dig X, look through X.