Friendly message to all SpringThingers

TICK…TOCK…TICK…TOCK…

8 Likes

@rovarsson

glare2

10 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa furious typing

5 Likes

I am so done with my game. The deadline cannot come soon enough for me. I can’t stop obsessing over it, and every time I tweak something, I think of a reason why that’s a bad idea and change it back. It’s crazy-making. Will no one rid me of this troublesome game?

6 Likes

Click Edit → Select All.
Press Backspace.

4 Likes

I was completely done and finished with mine… but then, while walking the dog, a brilliant idea for a final Easter egg came to me! So now I’ll need to put that in and consequently will need to rewrite the whole game from scratch.

Excuse me for a moment while I nip off and do that…

5 Likes

If you need that dog checked for ticks, fleas or other bugs, you know where to find me.

3 Likes

Since your game is about dogs, I will share with you that the last time I made Easter eggs and hid them around the yard for the kids to find, my dog found and ate all of them. So be careful where you put the eggs, or Mustard and Custard may gobble them before the player has time to find them.

4 Likes

That could be the Easter egg: an timed easter egg hunt against Mustard and Custard. A game within the game that you can unlock somehow.

4 Likes

That’s brilliant! And Christopher has almost two whole days to write it in! He has no excuses not to do this.

4 Likes

Why, what a marvellous idea! Thank you so much for suggesting it.

[screams and immerses head in bucket of water]

5 Likes

Preferably on a graphic ASCII map, with little sprites for the player and the two dogs!

4 Likes

Actually, that wouldn’t be too far from a Pacman ripoff. Dogs for ghosts, player for Pacman, chasing little eggs and eachother around.

@ChristopherMerriner , that shouldn’t be too hard to cobble up real quick now would it? Just hack Adventuron into submission.

2 Likes

@ChristopherMerriner You really should procedurally generate progressively harder levels of the easter egg mini game with a high-score tracker that links to an online All-Time-High-Score board; all as an absolute bare minimum, of course.

Don’t forget the Sound effects and joystick implementation as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

And come Easter, @ChristopherMerriner will personally present the High Score Winner of the mini-game with a box of homemade chocolate bunnies, delivered to their doorstep.

2 Likes

Easy peasy! There’s nothing Adventuron can’t do.

6 Likes

Great! Looking forward to the ASCII art! :smiley:

9 Likes

Just submitted mine! (I’ve always been the type to try to hand things in a bit before the deadline, to account for mad dashes to the print shops in a worst case scenario and or files deciding to simply not upload themselves for e-submissions.) Excited to see what everyone else has made this year!

13 Likes

12 Likes

BOOYA. Submitted. Or shipped, or whatever the correct term is. And to my game: don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Ready to play the other entries!

11 Likes