dMagnetic- A Magnetic Scrolls Interpreter

I just uploaded version 0.02 to my website. It is easier to read the texts, the low ansi renderer was improved, and i started working on the documentation.

1 Like

Version 0.03 is out. Now it is possible to play through “Jinxter”.

And with release 0.05, you can play through “Corruption”. :slight_smile:

AAAAAAAND welcome to release 0.06. you will be able to finish WONDERLAND.

2 Likes

There was a small Bug. I fixed it, now it is possible to play through “Myth” as well.
Release 0.07 allows you to play all Magnetic Scrolls Adventures.

1 Like

Version 0.08: I finally managed to include graphics from “Corruption” and “Wonderland”.

Release 0.09 comes with initial support for GLK.

1 Like

And version 0.10. Enjoy!

1 Like

Version 0.11 now.

Forget Version 0.11. Version 0.12 looks much better.

1 Like

Version 0.14.

If you can read this, you do not need glasses :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Version 0.16 is out! This one is printing out the text properly aligned. (left/block/right)
Reading it is less distracting, and more fun!

1 Like

Version 0.17 is out, and it saw improvements with the low ansi renderer. Just look at Mr. Peckham, enjoying his cigar.

4 Likes

This is really cool - writing a replay to remind myself to check this out tonight. Congrats on all this!

Thank you. Hopefully you’re going to have as much fun playing it as I had writing it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!

Trivia:
In the original text, it says he’s wearing a hat, which is not in the picture. When we remastered it, the text was adjusted.

Hahaha. You are indeed correct!

→ SHOW CARD TO TELLER

The teller takes one look at the card and leaves her position behind the till.
A few moments later a short fat man with a cigar and top hat (he must be a capitalist) comes up to you, introduces himself as Mr Peckham and, taking you by the arm, leads you into his office.

1 Like

So. Release 0.18 is out.

dMagnetic has been part of the latest OpenBSD 6.6 release, the latest FreeBSD, and now there is a Gentoo ebuild out as well. :smiley:

1 Like

With a little patch, it is possible to run dMagnetic on ancient SGI machines :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

I tried to build it manually but encountered some issue - would you be interested in feedback on what I encountered? (Or - are there binaries available to download?)