Counterfeit Monkey

I think you are missing

1 point for using the umlaut punch.

Hi, I’ve finished this wonderful game and am now in hard mode. I know that this mode doesn’t get too many hints because it’s made to be difficult, but I’m absolutely stuck at the moment. I try to match my hair for the pass but as far as I can tell, the wig doesn’t work here. I’ve tried making hair from the chair, but it just makes one hair. And now I’m wondering if I can synthesize some hairstyle or something like that. Any hints would be very welcome at this point.

Nudge:

Have you found the piece?

Spoiler:

What can you make with the hair and the piece?

Oh thanks. Totally missed that.

I see this question has been asked but only partially answered.

I got the drop from the hole and my only listed goal is to trace Brock’s movements at the shop. I cannot enter the shop because every time I try I’m just shooed back out in the same move and I can’t do anything else. I read that I’m supposed to get a map but I’ve been everywhere the game lets me go and saw no maps. I have no clue what I did wrong and there was no indication that I even did anything wrong. I don’t have a previous save to restore and I reallly don’t feel like starting over from scratch so any help is greatly appreciated.

What have you tried to do with what’s in the hole?

Thanks! It’s funny that such a generic question should help me figure this out. The problem was the appointment card was in my backpack which the game doesn’t recognize as me having it. I feel kind of silly now.

Glad you figured it out!

EDIT: This is now changed on Github, so in the next version you will not have to take it out of the backpack. Thanks for pointing it out!

I seem to be stuck near the end

After changing Atlantida into atlantida I’m locked in that section of the map. I thought I was supposed to exit through a window, but Alex doesn’t seem to agree on that. And I can’t open the portcullis again because Atlantida changed the counterweight back into counter and weight.

Any hints?

If you look around you might find something that can be changed into something that will let you open the portcullis.

Is it something that’s already on that room?

It is nearby.

Solution: the jacks

Thanks! I was so focused on finding things to put on the hook that I didn’t even notice the jack could be used for its actual purpose…

ive recently started getting involved in this IF - basically a reload of the old text adventures. very enjoyable.
Anyway, I’m stuck. Waterstone is in his office, locked. i already have the password for the computer, and have typed "type " … all sorts of things. someone help please? Ty.

1 Like

Have you tried examining the reclamation machine?

hmm cant remember … where is it? is it behind a locked door downstairs? I can’t open that door. im guessing i need to put something in the large cardboard box - put anything at all that doesn’t seem of any more use?

You probably should take a closer look at what it says when you try to open the door.

It says I need a keypass. However I have tried to synth a key and a pass but nothing happens when I turn the synth on after I have put both items in the synth

Is “keypass” the right word? I thought you needed a keycard.

Ok got it, and examined the machine and set the remover to create animals, but Waterstones door still locked. I don’t know what to do.