Apologize for your abuse, George and Dannii!

Honestly, I don’t think anyone wants Andreas to be banned more than Andreas.

Ban him so we can get back to writing and discussing IF.

Ban has not worked clearly

ignoring trolls is the best bet

of course, they always resort to taking with their clones and a noob who doesn’t know any better may feel it’s a legitimate discussion instead of a single sick guy

I think “to ban or not to ban” should be decided by the moderators of the board, not be made the subject of public discussion.

Ain’t nothing wrong with the democratic process. (In theory).

The democratic process is suitable for many things. The administration of justice is not of them. You want a judge, not a lynch mob. (Subsituting metaphor for argumentation has its limits, of course, but a public call for votes on whether or not to ban someone feels very much like the internet equivalent of a lynching to me.)

I still don’t think there’s anything wrong with the mods asking the community what they think.

DavidK asked for arguments, not votes.

I’m not sure the distinction can be preserved in this setting. But this is probably not a fruitful discussion – I’ve expressed my reservations, and we can leave it at that.

I’m normally against banning. Isn’t there a sort of temporary ban to act as a deterrent and give people time to cool off?

We can talk (and we have; ten pages in the other thread, five in this one, it doesn’t bloody end) about internet forums, and the right to express oneself, and the makings of a troll, and what makes a person ban-nable, and how much is tolerance, and all that crap. There’s only so far that reasoning will take you, though, before it starts to loop back and look pretty damn silly in the face of the actual evidence.

Bottom line is, this place is starting to smell bad. We can trace the origins of that smell to the arrival of a rotten apple. We’ve tried to slice off the rotten bits, but apparently they go too deep. The fruit standing closest to it is getting pretty ripe. Is it worth it keeping the damned apple?

Mmmm apples. Hold on, I’m getting deja vu. We’ve come full circle!

Apple Pie
Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch pie Servings
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.

If the mods are asking for votes to ban this idiot, they have mine. He’s never going to contribute anything useful to the forum and his sole purpose in being here is to cause trouble. Ban him and be done with it.

No, he did not. He said “Is there anyone who wants to argue against this?”, and in this context the question is rhetoric.
If nazis come and take you away to face an execution squad, and the squad officer asks “Is there anyone who wants to argue against this?”, he’s not really asking for arguments. He’s bullying anybody wanting justice, into silence.

Yes, nazi Germany is very relevant here. This forum may be a case of a bunch of trolls outsmarting a bunch of mods that really shouldn’t even be mods, but the trolls are effectively enforcing intolerance, hate and rhetoric as a form of government. I’ve formally asked Merk to be appointed a mod of this place, because it may just be the only way to save the future of this forum.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with that one.

Occam’s razor suggests that the problem here most likely isn’t everybody except you.

DavidK, I vote to ban.

Andreas has been going down the troll behavior checklist for the past two weeks. (Being offensive and then claiming it was satire; inventing nonexistent moderator vendettas; dragging his issues into unrelated threads; generally refusing to be accountable for bad behavior, and instead demanding that everyone else be accountable to him.)

I don’t care whether this is trolling, or honestly failing to understand what good behavior means. He’s going to keep doing it until banned.

(Whether he comes back to keep doing it under another handle, that will be a good indication of his goals.)

Enough is enough: he has now been banned.

I think I just inhaled the violin.

And I’ll lock this ridiculous topic too. Lets hope we mods can go back to deleting Chinese spam again for a while. (And Polish spam, which we get a surprising amount of.)