Apologize for your abuse, George and Dannii!

Let me tell you something: I really hate reporting people. I don’t want to see people banned. Banning people is a douchy thing to do to anyone who isn’t a bot or spammer.
IRL people have raped me, and while that fucked my life up royally, I knew they had reasons. I’m not a pugilist. I’m an anarchist. I don’t believe in punishment.
…so why do you keep wanting to change me, craftian? I’m happy living a live-and-let-live lifestyle. I’m comfortable with it. I’d much rather give you a hug.

Well, before I go write some IF, here’s an I-Ching reading for you. (I’m also a Taoist!)

Hexagram 38: Opposition

Changing line: 4th place

Change in the fourth place means:
Isolated through opposition,
One meets a like-minded man
With whom one can associate in good faith.
Despite the danger, no blame.

Leading to: Hexagram 41: Decrease.

At the foot of the mountain, the lake:
The image of Decrease.
Thus the superior man controls his anger
And restrains his instincts.

Change in the fourth place means:
If a man decreases his faults,
It makes the other hasten to come and rejoice.
No blame.

Hmm. Something to meditate on.

I wish I could interpret the reading the way that you interpreted it, but at least I now know that you are wiser and more respectful than you appeared.

With the Internet, it’s hard to tell who anyone is – appearance is an abstraction, an imaginary construction. You surprise me sometimes too, Andreas. I’ve drawn the fool card and trickster archetype, myself. I keep hoping you’ll use your “anarchist” powers for good, because sometimes chaos can be healthy. Flame wars and attacking one of the cradles of religion is not.

Speaking of flaming and attacking religion, I’ll try to explain myself by doing both: Buddha was a master asshole. He could have sat just quietly underneath the bodhi tree, but instead he started telling people things they didn’t like to hear. That’s the thing about enlightened teachers: We’re assholes and trolls, and we don’t mean to. It’s just how it is. If people ask us, we’ll tell them things they don’t want to hear, because we don’t want to lie. We’d like to fill in blanks that people don’t want filled in. …so you see, I can’t “use my powers for good”, because that’s up for people to interpret, just as I interpreted you as a troll too. People don’t like teachers.

Well, quite a few people wanted to hear what Buddha had to say. There is truth to that, though. The major difference is the intent behind what one has to say. My intention for my posts was to make people laugh their asses off. I hope I succeeded, for a few. Buddha’s intention was liberation for all beings from suffering. (And yes, I think he was poisoned for it.) Regardless, life is difficult for everyone, and it’s better to try to make people forget their troubles, at least. It’s all a matter of your intent.

I suddenly remembered the “foe” button! Here’s what you do: you click on the “profile” button underneath someone’s post, then in the profile you click “add foe”. From now on, their posts will be almost invisible to you.

I’m sorry, but it’s not. It’s all a matter of being social. I bet I’d be more welcome at this forum if I went “Hi. I strangle babies, but I like Blue Lacuna.”. They’d go “What do you think of Jacek Pudlo then?” and I’d go “Pudlo? Never heard of him, but I can tell by his name that he’s a stupid guy. I’d strangle his babies any day.”. Then I’d just spend the forum agreeing with everybody who agrees with everybody else, and I’d be the most popular guy here. That’s how sociopaths do it. That’s what makes them nice guys.

People with friendly intent is another matter. They’ll tell you that your shoes are ugly and that you’re fat and stupid. While some people will do that just to hurt you, people with friendly intent will tell you that because they care: They want to see you in nice shoes, see you lose weight, and become smarter. …and that’s why nobody likes them. That’s why they become targeted as unlikable by the sociopaths.

…so off-topic internet forums should generally be avoided like the plague. Essentially, if you’re being liked at those sections, you’re a bad person. My mistake was posting there in the first place, but some of the topics were too hard to stay out of.

That’s one way of solving things. If you’re really allergic to me, you’re free to do that.

Huh. Well, that’s less then friendly intent. Telling someone that they’re fat or stupid isn’t friendly in any sense – that’s just being a dick. How the hell can someone “become smarter” because you tell them too? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

See? I attacked your stupid idea, not you. If I said, “Gee, look at the stupid moron typing such idiotic claptrap”, then that would just be mean.

What’s this, Pudlo? No bashing me in your latest “I’m a troll here to cause trouble” thread? I’m hurt.

On a serious note: c’mon, mods, you banned this idiot before under his normal guise. What does it take to earn him a second ban?

I don’t see a border between people and their ideas in that sense. I don’t think I’ve ever attacked people simply for being people, but I can attack “idiotic claptrap” for being idiotic claptrap. Claptrap is a form of idea too. The idea that I’m not fat, is an idea too. If I’m being stupid, I’d like to know that, and specifically how I’m being stupid. That’s often the only way to inspire change. If I’d be a dick, I’d just not post anything. That’s me being a dick.

As previously stated, I’m reporting everybody claiming I’m Pudlo from now on.

Maybe an IP matching Pudlos?
See, if the mods doubt that I’m not Pudlo, I’ll gladly give them my home phone number. I just don’t think I’ll need that in order to prove it.
Also, I’m beginning to seriously suspect that you’re Pudlo, because you’ve been bizarrely determined that I’m Pudlo for quite some time now.

This is the gordian knot. How to express the logic of not entering a debate actually entering the debate?

I’m not going to express again how many things this Andreas knows about Pudlo or how much he sounds like him. I think it is clear enuf. And that is not even the point. The point is: I’m in awe at how many usually reasonable people still fall for the same trick. It’s the same old thing it has been for the last couple of decades.

Don’t. Feed. The. Troll.

Reported. (See above.)

“Mummy!” cries the school bully. “I hit the other kids and they call me names! It’s so unfair, mummy! Make it stop!”

Whyld, do you remember all those times I’ve bullied you? …because I don’t. Would you care to refresh my memory?

So, here we are again: there have been lots of calls for Andreas to be banned. Is there anyone who wants to argue against this?

Are you seriously leaving this up to personal vote, when it’s a case of several trolls bullying a single person? Tell me, because I want to hear you say it:
“I am dooming the IF community into a troll fest, because I’m an idiot.”
Say it!

I, for one, though I don’t agree with everything Andreas says, feel that he hasn’t done anything really ban worthy. All he’s done is post feelings that probably shouldn’t have been here. I say, give him another chance. Though I am wondering when he’s going to fulfill his promise to leave the board.