Announcing... the Revival Jam!

Didn’t one of your jams just end? Yes it did! But the Jam Rollout still continues :stuck_out_tongue: We’re a monthly-event group!

Here come a mini-jam this time, about 10 days long! And it’s all about bringing back old stuff!

Revival Jam

Intrigued by a Game Jam...
but it happened months ago? or even years?!
Revive it now!

The Revival Jam is a short game jam about bringing back themes and constraints from older game jams to create small interactive fiction games.

To participate: find a game jam or competition with a theme or other restrictions (e.g. interface, gameplay, mechanics, etc…), and make an IF game based on the constraint!

You can find ideas of previous events on the IF Wiki (Jams, Competitions), on itch.io, or even among the previous Neo-Interactives game jams.

Constraints and Rules:

• Your game should use the constraints or theme from any previous game jam or competition.
    You cannot use a jam that does not have constraints.
  • You can revive one of your old projects that was previously unpublished (or will be very significantly updated for this jam), or make an entirely new game.
  • Games should be interactive fiction; that is, they should be interactive in some way, and focus on the text.
  • The Jam is open to any language.
  • You can submit up to 3 entries!
  • You should aim for a maximum gameplay length of 15-30min.
  • Entries can have NSFW content, as long as it is indicated in your submission.
  • Entries should not include any generated AI content.
  • Spam or hateful content will be removed.

Come participate !

Join our Discord - Share on Tumblr

15 Likes

Oh how I Iove the energy you peeps (meows?) pour into the IF community!

I’ll be mostly looking at the SeedComp and FrenchComp entries this month, but I’ll surely check out some of the Revival games too!

9 Likes

Thanks for that shout-out!

Edit: so we’re good to go for the monthly jams, and since there are not many entries per jam, it should be no problem reviewing them.

Also, I saw @manonamora put up the page for IF Showcase 2024. Thanks a LOT! Then all the minor AND major comps/jams can send their entries in here so that we have an entire year’s and entire gallery’s worth of IF for people to appreciate.

1 Like

Neo-Interactives, just spreading jam everywhere :strawberry::jar:

7 Likes

So no joke, I’ve had this idea in my back pocket for awhile as “ProcrastiComp.” I was thinking a yearly comp that lets anyone who blew past their deadline for a past comp, regardless of the decade, could still submit their finished entry in a format that would actually get eyeballs instead of a lone release. Glad to see it independently floating it the zeitgeist.

8 Likes

In years past we had what was called a post comp-comp, or the super-post introcomp. It can finally fly again!

3 Likes

A Jam Jam is bound to happen sooner or later, I guess.

4 Likes

We were close with our mini-jam last January :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Only a few hours left to submit something!

4 Likes