[ZIL] - Object Templates

Hey so in my current project I am planning on having various objects that are have similar properties, so I wanted to make some object templates to make it easy.
I looked through the zillib files and that’s how I found out about it, and I wanted to use the example it gives for NPCs, which is:

<OBJECT-TEMPLATE
    NPC = OBJECT (FLAGS PERSONBIT)>

But I can’t figure out how to use that package. I tried using INSERT-FILE, but that didn’t work. What do I do?
Thank you for all the help

Hi,

You could certainly have a ZIL file containing a set of commonly used items either for use or just so that the computer has a reference point and “recognises” them.

Can you explain a little more what you are looking to do?

Adam

Also, have a look here…

Well, I just was mainly curious about the OBJECT-TEMPLATE construct, and figured I’d want to play around with it by using it to simplify the definitions of say- making a lot of NPCs, for example. If it is not really supported at this time I’ll just not use it then

1 Like

Ah ok, that specifically … Ok cool, well I’ll be honest I don’t know BUT I’ll have a dive into some code over the weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

Adam

Try:

<USE "TEMPLATE">
1 Like

Works perfectly! Thank you so much, I didn’t know how to use the template package, but know I know!!