Zero Summer, a “wordy western” set in the near-future American southwest and built on the StoryNexus platform (also Fallen London’s tech!), has recently been released.
(We’ve also won second place in Failbetter Games’ inaugural world competition! We’re very excited about that.)
Zero Summer features a blend of western, horror, and a little modern fantasy to create a dusty world with a nougaty literary center and a sweet genre fiction shell. Nearly two decades ago, monsters
poured out of Corpus Christi and divided the United States between civilization and the new western frontier. Players assume the role of A MAN WITH NO NAME, a gunslinger in search of his own past.
If you’re interested, please do give us a try.
And we’d love to hear what you think! I’ll keep an eye on this thread, or you could hit us up on Facebook.
Our first big content update, Day 2/Morning, is now live!
- Ride with the Pony Express! Join the proud men and women of the US Postal Service. Deliver mail. Right wrongs. Rassle the occasional monster.
- The Society of Galahad seeks to resurrect the legacy of Santo Guerrero, the patron saint of the new west. And they want your help. Will you join them in their search?
- Enlist a crew for an elaborate heist.
- Delve deeper into the mystery of Amarillo’s greatest killers, the Harvestmen.
- Choose sides in the struggle at Amarillo’s home for the broken and destitute.
New mechanics include:
- Job system! Raise your Reputation by completing Jobs for the Pony Express. Use it to advance our strangest, most intriguing plots ever.
- Equipment! Earn Dollars through rare successes or buy them with Reputation. Buy your very own gunslinger knick-knacks!
- Antagonists! The Opportunity deck isn’t always friendly. Contend with the Sergeant or Mr. Lock, the Thin Man or Melissa at the Mission, the Harvestmen, and the Distant Watcher.