Z-machines for various 8-bit platforms

Referring to Fujinet. Your earlier mention of the P112 is the first I’d heard of it!

Oh. The P122 is a CP/M computer in its own right. Users interact with it using an rs232 serial terminal or a terminal program on a modern computer. I made and sold these as kits until the super-IO chips got too hard to find.

3 Likes

The P112, correct me if I am wrong, does support CP/M. I think I saw videos of it running CP/M 2.2 so I strongly believe that with some magic from @sijnstra, he could make his brilliant VEZZA interpreter run on it. Am I right? :smiley:

Your assumption is correct. There is no other 8-bit interpreter that supports UNDO.

1 Like

Zym does, but that’s a pretty niche example. Saving state for UNDO normally just takes too much memory and CPU time to be worth it on 8-bit.

3 Likes

Well Ozmoo is a niche example too. It uses the extra RAM and crazy-fast DMA copy support provided by a Ram Expansion Unit (REU) or, if necessary, the decent CPU speed and RAM amount provided by the C128. On a Plus/4 or a vanilla C64, there’s no sensible way to provide this functionality.

2 Likes

Fellows!

Everything in this thread, really everything on this entire domain is “pretty niche.”

5 Likes

It’s niches all the way down.

2 Likes

The P122 runs CP/M 2.2, 3, and zsdos among others

I do know that Vezza has successfully run on the P112. I do believe it has no built in video capability/terminal, so it’s a matter of which terminal are you using. I would imagine most people are using something that is VT100 compatible. There’s a straight up VT100 build as well as a 16 colour ANSI build available which should do the trick nicely.

4 Likes