xyzzy

:question: I was given the responsibility of creating a XYZZY response in this year’s IF comp entry and I can’t for the life of me, come up with anything witty.

I think last year’s “HJK6 Complete.” scared a hellava lot of people thinking it was a virus or something. Anyone who plays Command & Conquer Red Alert knows that HJK6 is only the most famous mod map created along side V3 Rashadown. TSk Tsk!
I couldv’e used the most famous Stormtrooper alive, TK421…“TK421! Why are you away from your post?”

And then I don’t think people ‘got’ the wierd numbers :
38°40’17\"N 77°59’45\"W
in Zero. Those numbers being the lattitude longitude of …yes you guessed it…Amissville Va.

Anyone have a bank of ideas for something witty? :mrgreen:

xyzzy

What do you want to examine? That was a rhetorical question. Time passes. Time passes. That was a rhetorical question.

(Half witty ?)

I had xyzzy disable the UNDO command in my Spring Thing entry this year. Probably not witty as such, but it made me grin.

You’re evil! :laughing:

I like it

xyzzy
Now why did you go and type something stupid like that in . . . . you’ll be sorry!

undo

Shan’t, that’s what you get for typing xyzzy at me.

>XYZZY
This useless reply was brought to you by the folks at Santoonie Corp.
Santoonie Corp: Making all your wildest dreams come true.

> xyzzy
As you say the word, a man appears and hands you a large charm, smelling faintly of horse dung and feeling clammy to the touch. “Keep this,” he says. “You’ll find a use for it later on and believe me, you don’t want to be without it.” Then he disappears in a puff of smoke.

Of course, the charm doesn’t do anything, but it’d be amusing to see how many people kept it with them for the duration of the game and struggled to find a use for it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for replies,
…and if you’re following the newsgroups, apparently I must or should code something for cheese and cows now. And fish. I should make a game of wierd responses, then you type xyzzy to play the game.

No, I enjoy easter eggs and stuff, just poking fun. Ever since Atari’s ‘the dot’ in Adventure. Can’t get enough of em.

AP

Cows, cheese, and fish? Weird.