What's your favourite object as an IF player?

Like, do you use a pen, or is your favourite the Enter key? It’s a vague question, I know.

2 Likes

I really love the Rubik’s cube. It’s enough required attention that it keeps most of my ADHD busy, and I can be more observant of my surroundings. However, it doesn’t require so much attention that I gotta focus on it real hard.

I cannot watch videos or actively listen to audio without it. I have other fidget toys, but that one in particular hits a really good balance.

EDIT: If we are narrowing it down more to the IF experience, then probably my headphones. Music helps me read lol.

3 Likes

Great! Thanks. I was more in the headphones - IF side, but I totally forgot about the Rubik’s cube lol.

2 Likes

Mine is sound related as well. I have an old 1971 Electrohome Apollo “space age” record player that I adore, and I usually put on a small stack of records when playing IF games. For me, having to get up to flip or change the records after 3 or 4 sides is the right timing for taking breaks, getting a glass of water or cup of tea, or just shaking off an IF puzzle fugue state.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mapping [Srsly, use trizbort.io!]

2 posts were split to a new topic: Mapping [Srsly, use trizbort.io!]

Actually, a very retro style analog alarm-clock, so I don’t get lost too much (“huh, three in the morning again - maybe I should save now and go to bed” :smile:). I know my smartphone can do that, yeah and my smartspeaker could do it as well. But still…

3 Likes