What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

You have already received it. Notice that gushing bubbling feeling? That’s triumph. It’s your prize. Cherish it.

4 Likes

There’s Acorn, and there’s Becorn!

5 Likes

Been having a rough go at things, my birthday passed! it was alright, not what i had hoped it would be but i did get to go to the beach after all! Got some shells and a cool piece of driftwood that my dad said was petrified but I dont know wood science so I just agreed with him. I don’t think i’ll be finishing my seedcomp game in time, I just haven’t had any motivation lately and it sucks so much. Hopefully things get better! Wishing you all well

9 Likes

I did a lot of theater tech in college, and my last semester I ran set building for the fall musical. We had a lot of new freshmen that show and most of them ended up working for/with me. The set was huge so there was a ton of work to do so we all got really close – while the show itself was kind of a mess, I have really fond memories of it because of these people.

I ran into one of my former freshmen last night in the audience of a show I was seeing. He was super excited to see me (as was I to see him!) and now we’re going to try and reconnect and swap theater tips. He’s still doing set carpentry, as much as a full time job allows (which, same - it’s time consuming). I’m feeling so warm and fuzzy about this!

11 Likes

Kolo. I ate some kolo. Of course I do that most days, but it’s still great. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was totally without internet yesterday- and got very acquainted with a Kim Petras and a The Front Bottoms album I had downloaded to my laptop. I also got the entire beginning written and coded for holdfast for SpringThing, as well as finished off the cover art, so, I guess it was a good use of time, even if I’m so sad about missing out on the Gonchpals D&D session.

6 Likes

Scorzonera. I ate some scorzonera.

We only had enough in our garden this year for two meals, and today my father came to dinner and I cooked the last batch. Delicious in a runny béchamel sauce with lots of parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. We had a nice piece of salmon and buttery mashed potatoes with it.

Delicious!

4 Likes

Red bull. I’ve had so much red bull these past couple of days.

Been trying to move my sleep schedule while working on the SpringThing game. Need every day I can get. There’s so much left to add…

4 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Starship Troopers

5 Likes

Yum!

----drooling…adds edamame beans to grocery list----

4 Likes

Kolo looks very good and much more healthy than most of the things I use for snacks. I will have to look for it in the local stores.

3 Likes

I have been off caffeine for several months. As my hands aged they have begun to tremble and even a little caffeine makes it worse.

We had to buy a Keurig Duo, a brew pot on one side and a K cup gadget on the other. My wife shamelessly tempts me with real coffee. I have been addicted to coffee since I was fourteen and my parents allowed me to start drinking the forbidden fruit. My youngest is now 33 but I can still remember not wanting them to get wound up back in the day. :wink:

4 Likes

My spreadsheet indicates I got about 20 points of work left of my SpringThing game, and I have about 40 days before the send-to-testers deadline hits. Total project completion is also about 40%.

I’ve been going flat-out since January started. However, the number are lining up (so far). Hoping for victory here, lol. This is the most intense I’ve ever been about a project before. Probably helps to have a specific goal that’s outside my control.

8 Likes

I’m working on my Punyjam game. My tasks seem to multiply as I code. I have cut off any new additions. It is all narrative and implementing puzzles at this point. But I have less than two weeks! I am not a big fan of short jams…

It is still fun and I’m learning more and more…

5 Likes

Won Enchanter!

On the other hand, I had the realization that my WIP may be technically unfeasible in Inform 7 and I don’t have the Inform 6 chops to do what I need to do. Well, zarf could do it probably (and may have already), but not I.

4 Likes

My new (used) chef’s knife arrived and I’m going to make a big veggie soup tonight. Also, our hydroponic tomato apparatus has borne its first fruit (sorry) and it was absolutely delicious :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The cashier at the grocery store told me to “have a nice day, love!” and gave me a discount on the little cake I bought for Valentines. :blush:

7 Likes

I set up a poll on IFDB a while ago asking for Wodehouse-inspired games. I played a bunch of them and really enjoyed this particular genre of humour. Deck the Halls, Gieves is next on my playlist after my foray into the French Concours.

I had not read any of the original Wodehouse novels though. Yesterday however, I walked into the bookshop and there it was: my introduction to Jeeves.
An omnibus containing Carry on, Jeeves, The Inimitable Jeeves, and Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves.

@sophia: That’s lovely. Small gestures like that will make your day.

6 Likes

Milestones: I passed several hurdles with my game yesterday. I implemented win/lose for the last room, I more fully understand before and after. The Talk-Menu is working as I want and I can add characters as needed. I have a pretty good grasp of conversation as opposed to the menu system. Conversation would be much better than the menu system but I just don’t have time to implement it for this jam. I’ll be ready for the next jam.

PunyJams are fun and a great learning experience.

7 Likes