What's one positive/neutral thing that's happened today?

Took a math test (limits) and completely forgot a crucial theorem and spent a while rediscovering it and basically writing a written proof for it. Okay, done. Then I checked all my work using a graphing calculator and changed one of my answers since I half-forgot a property and trusted the graph more than my work. Then I realized my calculator was in degrees, not radians, and my memory was right and I had to rewrite, for the third time, the entire problem. Suffice to say I was very relieved when my score came back with 100%.

3 Likes

Refilled my fountain pen, and only splotched a tiny bit of ink on the webbing of my hand. Always a good night when the Lamy Safari is all reloaded and ready to write.

1 Like

Decorated my new notebooks I got from Costco!

5 Likes

I finally remembered where I put my earbuds, and they work beautifully. Charging up the case right now, but man, I’m stoked. I love my kitty ears headphones, but they can be a bit tiresome when I’m laid up in bed. These are nice. And they have two levels of sound cancelling! And ambient mode for uh, when I need to be aware of my surroundings. The bass is so good in these.

3 Likes

Theoretically I love Costco. In reality, it gives me ennui because there’s just too much choice. It’s overwhelming and I end up wandering around the enormous aisles with a giant bag of pretzels, unable to make a decision about anything. Too much choice is bad for my brain.

Positive: I nailed all the quordles and octordles this morning. Every one.

6 Likes

My wife and I used to do those plus the sixteen and thirty-two versions, but somehow lost track. Nowadays I do Worldle instead.

Positive: classes are easy to teach today.

5 Likes

I love the second notebook with the flapper lady :slight_smile:

Positive things that happened today: discussed selling one piece of musical equipment for a friend, currently getting some more writing done for my project while listening to Suzanne Ciani’s live album.

4 Likes

A lovely walk with my husband this afternoon to start the weekend!

4 Likes

The blossoms are coming out. Which is lovely except for my hayfever :sneezing_face:

And little man (2) had his first barber haircut the other day and was perfectly behaved. Now he can’t twist his hair around his finger and get it stuck and panic.

5 Likes

Whoa, congrats! :smiley: :partying_face:

3 Likes

A nice quiet afternoon for catching up with things.

5 Likes

sort of a schaudenfreude positive thing but today while updating my mood app and being pleased it doesn’t have a subscription, I found out it does in fact have a subscription for new users (at least judging by reviews), but since I started using it 7 years ago I got grandfathered in.

5 Likes

I did something weird to my arm when I had covid, and now half my hand goes numb at certain angles. But my partner’s father is a doctor, who recognized it immediately (ulnar neuropathy, cubital tunnel syndrome) and told me how to fix it (wear a brace at night), and today my brace arrived, so now hopefully this should get better.

7 Likes

I’ve been quite sick lately- and prone to accidentally falling asleep without intending to do so, mostly while propped upright in my bed, but once or twice at the kitchen table. I’ve been making a concerted effort to spend more time around soft surfaces, haha… But the weather is cooling down beautifully, and it actually is tolerable weather to be laid up in bed beneath the comfort of soft blankets.

6 Likes

A dear friend of mine is travelling for work- a business trip. While they’ll be busy through its duration, of course, I am really rather pleased that it wraps up with plenty of buffer room for around my birthday (which is coming up!) I’ll miss them, and that’s a little sad, but that makes their return all the sweeter. And I’m happy that it doesn’t overlap with them missing out on my birthday.

6 Likes

I learned how to open a reference image in FireAlpaca, and I tried to draw Riki Lindhome playing a Flying V today. I haven’t escaped the uncanny valley yet, but the fact that it’s at least close to recognisable is a good sign for me. XD

4 Likes

Whoa! Thank goodness you are OK!

My wife’s kneecap slides out of position to the side of her leg easily. Fortunately, it hasn’t happened for sometime.

3 Likes

I had to look those up…

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s any nicer way to spend a Sunday than snuggled beneath still warm, fresh laundry. My blankets are so cozy.

5 Likes

// warm under the blankets in the Fall.

Hard to get better than that.

4 Likes