Web interpreter oddities

In looking through the transcripts for my game, I found some odd things that I never encountered in the Inform interpreter while I was testing.

Things like linebreaks missing and messages displaying out of order. It’s a minor thing, but I’m wondering if it’s because of the way I’ve built my game, or just a quirk of the online interpreter versus Inform and other interpreters like Lectrote and Frotz.

For instance:

[spoiler]In that game you scored 0 out of a possible 1, in 11 turns.
Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, QUIT or UNDO the last command?

*** You have died. It is pitch black. You are an ex-grue. ***The adventurer is breathing faster now, muttering under troubled breaths. The boot soles are still as they stands their ground. You hear the grating sound of metal sliding on metal, then a swift, wild swipe through the air. Pain, sharp and sudden, then the smell of your own blood.[/spoiler]

should be displayed as

[spoiler]In that game you scored 0 out of a possible 1, in 11 turns.

The adventurer is breathing faster now, muttering under troubled breaths. The boot soles are still as they stands their ground. You hear the grating sound of metal sliding on metal, then a swift, wild swipe through the air. Pain, sharp and sudden, then the smell of your own blood.

*** You have died. It is pitch black. You are an ex-grue. ***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, QUIT or UNDO the last command?[/spoiler]

You can test this, but I believe this is a bug in the way the transcript page displays transcripts, not in the way the web interpreter plays the game.

Last year whenever I read a transcript where this seemed to happen, the player never reacted oddly, so I believe it’s a transcription glitch, perhaps when lines like the epitaph pop out really fast in succession.

Good to know it’s just the transcripts. I was worried because so many of the messages in my game are overrides to the defaults, I thought maybe I’d found an edge case in the interpreter.