visibilty-holder glitch?

Could someone tell me how to find the supporter of a closed container?

To explain: I have a box and a duck that are sitting on a table.

The visibility-holder of the duck is, unsurprisingly the table. However the visibility-holder of the box depends on whether it is open or closed.

When it is open the visibility-holder is the table - when the box is closed it’s visibility-holder is nothing.(?!)

I need to know where the box is no-matter if it is open or closed. Is this behavior a glich, and if not (I’m very confused about it) how can I find out where the box is?

The visibility-parent is part of the looking mechanism, which is rather complicated. This particular bit of functionality has to do with handling “look” inside a closed box.

If you’re not handling “look” behavior, you really don’t need to be using that value. I suspect you want the “holder of” the object.

Ahh many thanks for that. So the visibility holder relates to something in the box looking out? This would make sence to be nothing if the box was closed at least.

Ahh many thanks for that. So the visibility holder relates to something in the box looking out? This would make sence to be nothing if the box was closed at least.

oo-err double post. How did that happen? More to the point can someone delete the second one?

I don’t think the gods of el forum delete duplicate posts just like that (I could be wrong). Anyway, it’s no big deal.

You don’t need a mod to delete your posts. Click ‘edit’, check off the ‘delete’ box at the top of the input form, then click ‘submit’. However, if I recall the way this software works, much like with editing, once someone has posted after you, you can no longer delete silently – there will be a notice left behind that a post was deleted.