Video on how to be an IF Comp judge

Possibly not the most useful venue for sharing this, but! I’ve made a video in which I show how to an IF comp judge. I explain the rules of the competition, show off ifcomp.org, IFDB and this forum. So send the link to anyone who might be one the fence!

(HD version in which you can actually read the text on the screen is still ‘processing’ on YouTube, but should be up soon.)

18 Likes

I need this. I hope to do some competent judging this year.

Thank you

5 Likes

Shared Via Twitter!

3 Likes

Thanks, very interesting and comprehensive video!
I particularly liked your encouragements to participate in judging at the beginning, and the community resources. :slight_smile:

I’ve played a bit of interactive fiction on and off over many years and am quite motivated to give ratings for this competition. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad it was helpful to you!

2 Likes

Thanks Victor. Nicely done. I really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

This is really neat. I missed it when it first came out.

I’m responding to it and kicking it to the top, because I’m curious if there is a depository of received knowledge where we could put this out. This video would be a strong candidate for that, and also, hey, it is worth sharing since IFComp 2023 is now (looks at calendar) only 2 1/2 months away.

6 Likes

Yow, wish I had tumbled onto this last year. Would have saved me a lot of ‘am I intruding here?’ anxiety! Well done video Dr. V!

starts doing hand stretches for coming storm

3 Likes

Dr V. says: “You’re welcome!”

4 Likes