vehicles in tabs 3

HELP!

I HAVE DEFINED A VEHICLE AS A HELICOPTER AS BELOW WHICH WORKS FINE, JUST WONDERING, IF WHEN THE PC TRIES TO LEAVE (EXCEPT IN ROOM TEN), IS THERE A BETTER METHOD I CAN USE FOR ‘OUT=SELF’ SO I CAN MODIFY THE MESSAGE ?

• bellHelicopter : Vehicle, Booth, Heavy ‘helicopter’ ‘helicopter’
    out = self
    desc()
    {
    if(self.isIn(roomTen)) out = nil;
    }
    dobjFor(Examine)
    {
    action()
    {
    "It’s a Bell 220, 4 seater helicopter. ";
    }
    }
    ;

I’m having a little trouble understanding the question. Can you give an example from the current transcript and an example of how you would prefer it to behave?

Sorry, I have been accused of being obtuse before. You will have to bear with me since I am an experienced programer but new to tads3. The long answer is this; I am converting a book into the game and one of the actions is having the pc search for the baddie, who is on the ground, in a helicopter. In the book it is a simple journey from A to B but I though I would turn it into a maze flying up in the sky by using a series of floorless outdoor rooms. The original code snippet worked but when you typed ‘out’ the response was ‘You can’t do that’ which was fine, my question was could this be customised to my own message. Having slept on the problem, I also found that typing ‘climb out’ caused the pc to end up standing beside the helicopter up in the air. So your reply made me think about another way of getting round the problem which I have done, typically the solution was very simple. So you gave me the answer without giving me the answer… Thanks for your help, sometimes I need someone to bounce an idea off, which makes me look at the problem from a different angle and point me in the right direction.

+ bellHelicopter : Vehicle, Booth, Heavy 'helicopter' 'helicopter' dobjFor(GetOutOf) { check() { failCheck('You can\'t get out when you are flying the helicopter. '); } } dobjFor(Examine) { action() { "It\'s a Bell 220, 4 seater helicopter. "; } } ;

It is fine example how to use dobjFor -thing (I dont know yet how it is called.) Thanks"