I was informed by @tayruh that basically all of the browser-playable versions of my games were using an outdated version of Quixe, one that does not play nice with certain mobile browsers or operating systems or something. So I spent a rainy afternoon and evening updating as many games as I could to Quixe 2.1.7. These include:
- The Ascent of the Gothic Tower
- Captain Verdeterre’s Plunder
- Craverly Heights
- Crocodracula: The Beginning
- Crocodracula: What Happened to Calvin
- Curse of the Garden Isle
- Dial C for Cupcakes
- An Evening at the Ransom Woodingdean Museum House
- The Horrible Pyramid
- The Island of Doctor Wooby
- The Lurking Horror II: The Lurkening
- Mud Warriors
- Reference and Representation: An Approach to First-Order Semantics
- The Roscovian Palladium
- So, You’ve Never Played a Text Adventure Before, Huh?
- Someone Keeps Moving My Chair
- The Statue Got Me High
- Taco Fiction
- Winter Storm Draco
- You’ve Got a Stew Going!
If you’ve tried to play any of these on your phone and it didn’t work, you should give it another shot.
Ryan Veeder’s Authentic Fly Fishing and the Castle Balderstone series need some extra attention before being updated but I should get to them soon.
Thank you @tayruh for letting me know about this problem!