Untitled Dungeons & Dragons "Interactive" "Podcast"

Unfortunately I never came up with a good title for this, and furthermore it defies categorization in any established taxa of interactive entertainment.

Here’s the best way I can describe it: Obviously you have enjoyed watching or listening to people play Dungeons & Dragons on YouTube or whatever, but you’ve never experienced it first-hand. By listening to this audio file you can play Dungeons & Dragons with me. (Kind of. I had to make a few adjustments to the D&D rules to accommodate the unconventional format.)

I would really appreciate it if any listeners could come up with some terminology to describe this new form of interactive fiction I’ve invented.

4 Likes

A few brilliant suggestions here:

• Audio Gamebook

• Hear Your Own Adventure

• Choose Your Own Audventure

• Choice Of Audio

• Robo DM

• Audibleed

• Dungeons & Headphones

• Dungcast

1 Like

Construct a poll once you’ve got a reasonable set?

I don’t think a poll will be necessary unless someone manages to top “Hear Your Own Adventure” which is extremely apt, not to mention catchy.

3 Likes

What about “Hear and tell”? Maybe not exactly appropriate but I never miss an opportunity to plug Novak’s Rapunzel.

I also like Hear Your Own Adventure best overall, though Dungeons & Headphones has made me laugh the most.

-Wade

1 Like