Unable to heart posts on mobile

I used to be able to heart posts on mobile, and I still can on my laptop, but the heart buttons have entirely disappeared for me on mobile now. Any ideas why?

5 Likes

No idea. Just hearted your post on android mobile like 3 seconds ago. Suggest switching themes to rule it out and then maybe messaging a mod.

4 Likes

I was able to heart your post from my iPhone using Chrome.

3 Likes

message @HanonO

2 Likes

Turns out it’s specifically the Hibiscus theme. It doesn’t show the heart buttons on mobile or desktop. What’s up with that? Guess I’ll switch themes.

3 Likes

@pinkunz I am now confirming (also feeling embarrassed lol)

3 Likes

Yes, @pieartsy requested that we shut off likes on one of the themes due to it being distracting. I took a chance that there weren’t many people using Hibiscus and I’m sorry it turned out to be you.

I can recommend “Essential” as a somewhat similar theme to Hibiscus. If that doesn’t work, I’ll see if there’s a way for me to duplicate the theme and have two versions of it.

3 Likes

Interesting. Essential is nice too, so that’s fine, although I think I like the colors on Hibiscus a bit better. I just didn’t realize that different themes could have differences in functionality like that, so I can switch as needed now that I understand what’s going on. Thanks for explaining.

2 Likes

this is what I asked for initially also :melting_face: I didn’t want anyone else affected

1 Like

Whatever theme Hanon divides off, you should leave public and just rename “Being Aster” so we can take turns being you.

5 Likes

See also:
Being Andrew Plotkin by J. Robinson Wheeler

3 Likes