Trying to find a game with a robot mouse

What is the game that had a robot mouse in it, and you had to program the mouse with directions to get past a guard? I simply can’t remember what game it was.

3 Likes

There is a robot mouse in the 1987-ish Level 9 game called Knight Orc that you can give instructions to. I assume you are thinking of a different game, but I wanted to reply just in case!

2 Likes

There’s a mechanical mouse in Infocom’s Starcross, but you don’t control it.

3 Likes

You might be thinking of Curses. You give a robot mouse directions to get a key.

6 Likes

There’s also a robot mouse in The Magic Toyshop that you have to give directions to avoid a robot cat.

4 Likes

I vividly remember Curses’s robot mouse puzzle :slight_smile:

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

2 Likes

I must be thinking of Curses, but I swear I played another one where you had to use the mouse to track a guard’s movement and program it. Maybe I am conflating the mouse in Curses with some other little robot.

Thanks for the help, y’all!

1 Like

I can confirm that also Magic Toyshop has a robot mouse, and indeed Gareth Rees admits its inspiration from the Curses one:

! This puzzle pastiches one in "Curses" by Graham Nelson.  My version is
! easier in some ways, such as <spoiler> being recognised, and
! harder in others...

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

ps. “Blur Spoiler” apparently don’t work inside preformatted text… hence the omissis.

2 Likes

There’s something like this in The Legend Lives as well. Not sure there is a guard involved, though.

1 Like