Trombicula: a web-based Scott Adams file format interpreter

Hi,

I want to share a new Scott Adams interpreter: Trombicula!

I don’t know if this is especially interesting to anybody, but if you want to make a game for this ancient adventure game system, Trombicula should provide a lightweight, easy-to-use and customizable solution for publishing it on a web page of your choice.

You can give it a try at the below URL, with a simple demo game file:
http://www.pdxiv.hostedpi.com/index.html?gameFile=demo.dat

Source code and documentation:

Trombicula is derived from PerlScott (and the JavaScript version “tensodoct”) but the aim is less about historical accuracy, and more about actual playability.

If you notice something strange, unpleasant or downright wrong about it, or have ideas for how it could be better, I’m always happy to hear about it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Cool name! I was going to ask what it was about, then (of course) Googled first, and when it said ‘How can you tell if you have chiggers?’, then I knew.

-Wade

1 Like

Nice catch! Naming things is hard :frowning:

Since ParserComp 2021 is coming up, and it uses the itch.io platform, I thought it would be worth mentioning that games running with Trombicula work well on itch.io as well, with minimal modification: trombicula demo by pdxiv

Sorry for spamming. :slight_smile:

Edit: I just realized that the itch.io uploaded version seems to unintentionally be nice to use on a smartphone as well. :open_mouth:

2 Likes