Trinity Inventory by Mikael Segercrantz updated for 6L02

Here’s an (unauthorized) update of Trinity Inventory by Mikael Segercrantz that compiles with 6L02. I tried to make all the text adaptive and tag all the response but that may not work out. Please let me know if you have any corrections!
Trinity Inventory.txt (20.5 KB)

i do not know how to install this as an extension, so i copied the text into the code and got the following error message:

In Part 2 - Rules, Chapter 2 - Definitions and phrases, Section 2a - Encasement relation:
Problem. You wrote ‘Encasement relates a thing (called X) to a thing (called Y) when X is part of Y or X is held by Y or the holder of Y is X’ : but that relation already exists, and cannot have its definition amended now.
Problem. You wrote ‘The verb to be encased by implies the encasement relation’ , but in another sentence ‘The verb to be encased by implies the encasement relation’ : but this gives us two definitions of what appears to be the same prepositional form, or at least has the same words in.

sorry that i don’t solve this by myself, but with this kind of code complexity i do not want to mess around, but prefer to tell you…

lg, stefan

Go to the “File” menu from Inform. Choose “New Extension.” (You may get a dialogue box for its name and author – choose Trinity Inventory by whatsisname.) Copy the text into that. Save it, and you may see a button to install it. Then using “Include Trinity Inventory by Mikael Segercrantz” should work.

And, if you’re defining “encasement” in your own code, don’t do that.

Seriously, it looks like you have the same line in both places, which is giving you problems (maybe you pasted twice or you put the text in the code and also had the line to include the extension?), which shouldn’t happen. The code I gave should work if you can get it into an extension, unless I made a copy-paste error. It compiles and runs for me.

sorry, still does not work for the same reason. i checked everything. all the error message refer to the same block of text.

Encasement relates a thing (called X) to a thing (called Y) when X is part of Y or X is held by Y or the holder of Y is X. The verb to be encased by implies the encasement relation.

the error message is still:

In Chapter 2 - Definitions and phrases, Section 2a - Encasement relation in the extension Trinity Inventory by Mikael Segercrantz:

Problem. You wrote ‘Encasement relates a thing (called X) to a thing (called Y) when X is part of Y or X is held by Y or the holder of Y is X’ : but that relation already exists, and cannot have its definition amended now.
Problem. You wrote ‘The verb to be encased by implies the encasement relation’ , but in another sentence ‘The verb to be encased by implies the encasement relation’ : but this gives us two definitions of what appears to be the same prepositional form, or at least has the same words in.

i googled all words including ‘case’. there are no doubles in my program.

Does it compile when you just use “Include Trinity Inventory by Mikael Segercrantz. Lab is a room.”? That compiles for me. Are there any other extensions you have that might be clashing?

Sorry to be unhelpful here but the extension is compiling for me and I can’t figure out what’s going wrong for you without a clue in your code. I guess you could PM me your code if you want me to have a look.

sorry, it’s my fault/sloppiness!!! I forgot to remove the other extension which handles inventory (written inventory) before adding your update.

All works fine, it’s still a little slower than the other alternatives i know for handling inventory, but regarding textual elegance it’s (in my opinion) just the best.

thank you very much and lg, stefan

Glad to hear it’s working! And no problem with the update – it was really just a few superficial changes I could make by trial and error.

Thank you for the update!
I put it here: github.com/i7/extensions/tree/m … egercrantz
I need the updated extension in that repository to make it available to italian IF programmers (they also download “Trinity Inventory IT by Leonardo Boselli” that includes the responses translated in italian, so they need also the original extension – it’s easier to find them if both versions are in the same repository).
I hope it’s not a problem even if it’s “unauthorized”. However, feel free to remove it.