Trailer for Never Gives Up Her Dead (Now released!)

I’ve written a small text game as a trailer for Never Gives Up Her Dead, my large Inform space game which has now released: Released: Never Gives Up Her Dead, an epic sci-fi parser game

The trailer is available now:

Unlike my actual game, this uses multimedia and the Bisquixe Interpreter. It should take < 5 minutes to play. Enjoy!

27 Likes

This is so cool!
Interactive trailers :eye:

4 Likes

Let’s play this trailer!

3 Likes

This is more difficult that the Game itself.
And that isn’t a rethorical question.

3 Likes

You can beat it by just clicking links!

3 Likes

That doesnt works for me.

2 Likes

Hmm, sounds like a bug. Can you show me a screenshot? Also, what browser are you using?

2 Likes

ah, try playing the itch game itself instead of downloading! The download only works on desktop

2 Likes

Ok, thank you.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer! Sorry it doesn’t work on either of your options!

2 Likes

That’s probably because the Mobile Friendly option wasn’t ticked…
You might still be able to click on Run game, I think

For Brian, it’s this in the Edit Game page

3 Likes

Thanks, I tried clicking that, and I added a link on the first page to make it more mobile friendly!

4 Likes

what a cool idea!

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re looking for feedback, but that bland sans font for the cover art doesn’t seem right for an epic sci-fi story.

2 Likes

On screen keyboard keep popping up on my phone, obscuring the text, unfortunately. Maybe it’s better if I have BT Keyboard. I wonder, though, if there’s a way for on screen keyboard to not obscure the screen?

Pretty cool concept, overall. :+1:

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting feedback on the cover art, but I appreciate it. I went for that font because it was easily readable when the cover art is scaled down. I’m not sure if I still have the files for the cover art, but if I do, I could take a look at something else. Do you have any other fonts in mind that are easily readable and look good shrunk?

I didn’t really optimize this for mobile in any way, and that’s an area I know little about. I’d like to learn more, though, and this kind of feedback is very hepful!

2 Likes

The keyboard popping up has happened for every parser game I’ve played on itch. It’s a thing.

The trailer was AWESOME! It looks really good. Will the real thing have hyperlinks? I like that but wouldn’t want it while playing the game as it loses lots of its puzzle aspect, personally.

Maybe a way to choose which one you use…? (HYPERLINK → Hyperlink mode off.)

3 Likes

I’m making the real game just plain old gblorb uploaded on ifarchive. That’s what works on the most platforms imo.

3 Likes