The Muppets

If I were a muppet, I would definitely be Beaker, but after that I would be the Swedish Chef.

9 Likes

Animààààl !!!

----runs off banging pots and pans----

5 Likes

Huh. I always pegged you for a Statler/Waldorf kind of guy.

4 Likes

Nah, that’s just my grumpy nagging tester’s persona.

2 Likes

My Dad was a Swedish Chef guy, but I was always most fond of these two:

muppets-muppet-show

8 Likes

I have no idea who any of these puppets are, but they kind of look like that one Ed Sheeran music video.

6 Likes

Once again, @sophia: not cool. (see here.)

3 Likes

Here you go :wink:

3 Likes

These guys also have one of my favorite songs (from a musical adaptation of A Christmas Carol):

8 Likes

My favorite is hands-down the Muppet rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody:

9 Likes

Do we need a separate Muppet Musical thread?

3 Likes

[Crumbles into a pile of dust.]

Live footage from Pinkunz residence:

e8glt9lk056a1

3 Likes

Other way around, it turns out.

4 Likes

She’s totally stealing Mahna Mahna’s bit!

5 Likes

By the way, the song is originally from the soundtrack of this movie (mildly nsfw):

4 Likes

So the song is originally from an Italian ‘mondo’ film? Well, that’s amazing.

-Wade

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I grew up watching this show. The day after the Mahna Mahna song episode was broadcast was a very dark day indeed for the teachers at my primary school. They’d finally get the class quiet and a few seconds later there’d a quiet “Mahna Mahna” from a corner of the room and it would start all over again.

Fun fact: The Muppet Show was produced and recorded at the ATV Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England. Jim Henson had previously tried to get the show produced in the United States but every American network he tried rejected the idea. Finally he tried British producer Lew Grade who loved it and agreed to co-produce the series. Grade was a bit of a visionary; in the sixties he also produced the surreal spy-fi drama The Prisoner and the Supermarionation series including Thunderbirds. He certainly wasn’t afraid of taking a risk.

11 Likes

Ooh! Thunderbirds! Love that show.

I saw there was a remake of sorts using computer animation, but that doesn’t cut it at all. The live-action puppets are so much cooler.

Speaking of live-action puppets: here is the intro tune of Liegebeest (“Lying beast”). A great puppet show I used to watch as a kid.

2 Likes