The Mouse Who Woke Up for Christmas

ifcomp2018-game
(Brian Rushton) #1

I could use a lot of help on this one.

I haven’t completed any tasks on the list right now.

My inventory is the following:

You are carrying a Note for Santa written by Jessica, a To Do List, a pair of Long Johns (worn), a Smart Suit, Gardening Clothes (worn), A Roll of Duct Tape, A Bottle of Firelighter Fluid , an Oily Rag, a Stocking, a Bird Skull, a Newspaper page, a Scrap of Fur, a Washing up sponge, some Twine, a Pair of Sharp Nail Scissors and a pair of pyjamas and slippers.

My immediate goals are:

-Cut the nettles (scissors don’t work even sharp)
-Find a source of light/fire
-Find something shiny for the magpie
-

Has anyone achieved any of these goals yet?

0 Likes

(Mr. Patient) #2

I am barely further than you are.

There’s a (potentially) shiny thing in the Vegetable Patch.

Even with that, I’m at a loss as to how to accomplish any of the goals myself.

0 Likes

The object you find in the vegetable patch can be modified with another object so that the magpie will like it.

0 Likes

Also if you type ‘help’ you’ll see my email address where I can give customised hints. Getting strange binomial reaction to this game, half of players breeze through the game, other half seem to get stuck going nowhere.

0 Likes

(Mr. Patient) #5

Yes, I had managed to

shine up the coin and trade it

but otherwise I think I’m exactly where craiglocke is (or was).

I will email you, thanks. I think it would be considered player-friendly to post a walkthrough or Invisiclues or something. I suspect a lot of folks, myself included, find resorting to clues a little deflating to begin with, so the idea of emailing the author repeatedly for help is a real obstacle.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll post a walkthrough this weekend.

0 Likes

(Mr. Patient) #7

Thanks. For what it’s worth, I have made a fair bit of progress on my own since.

@craiglocke, this might help with some of it:

Light sources are available at the bar. Once you’ve addressed that, you should at least be able to cross off one item on your list.

@necrodeath, I may end up emailing you anyway, but perhaps I’ll get some inspiration soon. Thanks.

0 Likes

I have now uploaded a walkthrough at the IFComp entry page.

0 Likes

I’ve also posted a review of the game on my blog.

0 Likes