The Milgram Parable

A choice-based game about the Milgram experiment and free will. I’ve posted a review of it on my blog.

1 Like

I found it started off quite funny, with the Stanley Parable sketch. But the latter part seemed more like a gritty commentary on war, and didn’t really fit with that theme.

and I’m not sure what its intentions were

It left me with the same feeling. “it doesn’t matter if you mindlessly obey authority or not, the outcome will always be the same” is kind of dispiriting, and I don’t think it was the point of Milgram.
Maybe it makes some commentary about the perils of moral judgments with incomplete information. But I don’t know.

1 Like

I thought it was initially an excellent experiential-style piece. It fell out of my favor when, in a critical moment, it provided only one option. In IF that asks us to think about how we would choose in a high-pressure moral dilemma, railroading the user simply isn’t acceptable. The work has no technical flaws that I noticed, but as a work of art I have to consider it a failure. Which is a real shame, too, as it would be quite easy to fix given the consequence of an alternative choice.

1 Like